PDA

View Full Version : Edenred - how to refund

cs01
03-09-2012, 03:18 PM
I have been paid overpaid this month by edenred. The child has left my care so I should not have received any payment this month. I called Edenred to ask how to refund as I was under the impression that we could not refund the parent, due to tax and NI implications. They said that they cannot get involved and that I need to refund parent direct and that the parent is then responsible for contacting HMRC to sort out the tax and NI.

Has anyone else had to do this?

Chatterbox Childcare
03-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Contact your bank today and ask then to refuse the payment and they will send it back

AliceK
03-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I have been paid overpaid this month by edenred. The child has left my care so I should not have received any payment this month. I called Edenred to ask how to refund as I was under the impression that we could not refund the parent, due to tax and NI implications. They said that they cannot get involved and that I need to refund parent direct and that the parent is then responsible for contacting HMRC to sort out the tax and NI.

Has anyone else had to do this?

Doesn't sound right to me?

xx

The Juggler
03-09-2012, 03:47 PM
that is not right. you refund voucher company and they will need to sort out with the parents.:panic:

sarah707
03-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Parents get money off their tax bill with voucher payments so we must not just give them the money or it's fraud.

You've had good advice ^^ :D