PDA

View Full Version : Overnight / holiday guests

MrsP2C
02-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Are there any issues or rules with regards to having overnight visitors whilst minding? My in-laws come & stay for a week plus a few times a year :eek:and, aside from not leaving minded children alone with them, is there anything else I should be aware of?
TIA

bunyip
03-09-2012, 07:28 AM
I don't think Ofsted would want a CRB check for this, as it's just run-of-the-mill visitors and not an extended stay. Just make sure the children come first and you're not distracted - I have the utmost trouble convincing family that the children are my job, not just an inconvenience when they want to come round and empty our cupboards and fridge.

Wouldn't you want to take time off from minding to spend time with them?

As a courtesy, I'd advise the mindees' parents. Just so they don't freak out if they see adult 'strangers' there when they drop off/collect.

loocyloo
03-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't think Ofsted would want a CRB check for this, as it's just run-of-the-mill visitors and not an extended stay. Just make sure the children come first and you're not distracted - I have the utmost trouble convincing family that the children are my job, not just an inconvenience when they want to come round and empty our cupboards and fridge.

Wouldn't you want to take time off from minding to spend time with them?

As a courtesy, I'd advise the mindees' parents. Just so they don't freak out if they see adult 'strangers' there when they drop off/collect.

oh so true!!! my MIL came to stay and couldn't understand why i kept moving her hot coffee off the floor & why the LO kept getting in her way when she was trying to read the paper .... she chose the sofa in the conservatory to sit on ... the conservatory is my playroom ... very obviously as its full of toys, stuff all over the windows, car mats over the floor, oh & did i mention the 3 small children playing in it? ( and its only little! ) :rolleyes: