PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 year funding question

Tazmin68
02-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Hi
I have a parent who has just decided to send her 3 year old to me instead of a pre school. I submitted a nil estimate form for the deadline date which was 17 august. What i need to know and parent needs to know is will child be able to get 15 funded hours through me as pre school will have already submitted this child on their estimate. 80% of the funding is paid out through LA ( Birmingham) next week. I have emailed the fef team but have had message back to allow 14 days for response. The problem I have is that parent is coming tomorrow to complete paperwork and we both really need to know if I can claim the 15 hours entitlement. Parent first enquired about place in July and I did say then that I really needed it sorted for the August deadline.

Any advice please would be appreciated.

Debbie

sarah707
02-09-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm afraid it will totally depend on how well organised and flexible your LA are... I'd give them a ring tomorrow if I were you.

Fingers crossed :D

Boris
02-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Our LA have a "headcount" day which is usually about a week into term. If the child is with you on this day you will get the funding. The other setting may have been given an interim payment which they will have to give back but you should still be ok. I would ring your LA to double check yours works in the same way.

Tazmin68
02-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Yes
We do have a headcount day which is mid october. And then two weeks before end of term the outstanding balances are paid by LA

Boris
02-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Yes
We do have a headcount day which is mid october. And then two weeks before end of term the outstanding balances are paid by LA

Ah that's good, you should be ok then. x