PDA

View Full Version : Will somebody please come and give me a good talking/shaking

FussyElmo
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
as its sept 2nd and I have done diddly squat about the new eyfs.

I am as of the 5th sept a year overdue for my ofsted inspection :eek:

My do and early years advisor is coming tues morning for somemore accreddition paperwork :eek:

What have i done today been shopping, decluttered the dining room, our bedroom, made space in dd's room for a work station for her to do homework.

Can see a few late nights coming up.

Oh poohey why do I always do this to myself - dh says its because i do what I want to be done never what needs to be done. I say I work better under pressure.

I do have cake and beer :thumbsup:

sandy64
02-09-2012, 06:06 PM
you naughty girl lol:laughing::laughing:
quick find sarahs posts with all her fab stuff you need to do put that beer down and get started beer and cake when youve done half good luck:)

LauraS
02-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Tut tut, get moving woman. The worst bit, I think, is getting started. Just tick one thing off the list and you'll feel better :)

The Juggler
02-09-2012, 06:14 PM
put the accreditation visit off for now honey. you are not taking on funded children are you?

right, get hold of Sarah's checklist. get the welfare stuff done first, policies etc.

Then just tweak your paperwork.

you will be fine. I'm thinking my ofsted will be any day now (was due in Feb 2012).

gegele
02-09-2012, 06:20 PM
as its sept 2nd and I have done diddly squat about the new eyfs.

I am as of the 5th sept a year overdue for my ofsted inspection :eek:

My do and early years advisor is coming tues morning for somemore accreddition paperwork :eek:

What have i done today been shopping, decluttered the dining room, our bedroom, made space in dd's room for a work station for her to do homework.

Can see a few late nights coming up.

Oh poohey why do I always do this to myself - dh says its because i do what I want to be done never what needs to be done. I say I work better under pressure.

I do have cake and beer :thumbsup:

SNAP I have no excuses... just a big big case of ostrich syndrome...lalalalalaal head in the sand i can't see it lalalalalalalalala just this morning i was wondering how long i could pull it off :(:(

can someone come in my house PLEEEASE

littletreasures
02-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Me too!!!

My excuse is getting my daughter ready to go to college in the US.

And taking her out there for a fortnight. Just returned yesterday and so majorly tired from jetlag I have done nothing today.

I have 2 schoolies, 2 x 1 year olds tomorrow plus a 10 month old coming for a settling session!!

The Juggler
02-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Me too!!!

And taking her out there for a fortnight. Just returned yesterday and so majorly tired from jetlag I have done nothing today.

I have 2 schoolies, 2 x 1 year olds tomorrow plus a 10 month old coming for a settling session!!

oh hon, how did it go. is she all settled. no rest for the wicked with a new mindee tomorrow.

xx

gegele
02-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Me too!!!

it is a great excuse though:D
hope it all went well

Maza
02-09-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm seriously burying my head (and body) in the sand. The children aren't suffering in though - that's the irony. They are still getting the quality of care they deserve. (Listen to me justifying my laziness!)

cathtee
02-09-2012, 07:53 PM
SNAP I have no excuses... just a big big case of ostrich syndrome...lalalalalaal head in the sand i can't see it lalalalalalalalala just this morning i was wondering how long i could pull it off :(:(

can someone come in my house PLEEEASE

I only did mine today, sore neck from leaning over computer and printer is moaning (so is hubby it's his ink) done a pack for all of my lo's parents to have new p&p a copy of eyfs for parents and lods of permission forms for them to sign. Why should we have to suffer paperwork let them have some too :laughing:

Had a few glasses of wine and now chillin:jump for joy:

Ripeberry
02-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Procrastinators unite! Thats all I have to add to the subject.

FussyElmo
02-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Procrastinators unite! Thats all I have to add to the subject.

I have now downloaded the new eyfs :blush::blush::blush: and sarahs checklist
and Im still saying poohey whooey.

No in all seriousness my polices are quite up to date so just need to add the mobile phone bit. Book on a safeguarding course. Planning and stuff I did last visit of do and ey advisor and they said I did too much :rolleyes:even managed to do summative assessments and I didnt know :D

See I knew there was a reason for the cake and beer :thumbsup::laughing::thumbsup:

melco
02-09-2012, 09:56 PM
I am exactly the same I have just kept putting it off!!

Today however I did at 8am put together a newletter to email over to all parents that have children under 5 to explain the new EYFS.

I now just need to tweak my policies and go through the checklist, a lot of it is changing the template on my learning journal and obs etc. I have no kids except my own until wednesday so hope I get it finished by then!!

I also have sarahs check list which has been really helpful, especially that there is things on there that I never even thought of as was not explained by my local authority so for weeks I have been oblivious thinking I knew what I was doing:eek:

migimoo
02-09-2012, 10:08 PM
I also have sarahs check list which has been really helpful, especially that there is things on there that I never even thought of as was not explained by my local authority so for weeks I have been oblivious thinking I knew what I was doing:eek:

What??? You mean your local authority helps you out....ooh aren't u spoilt?!;)Ours are pants all they do is try and push us all to get accredited or do fecrs-everything I have in place is due to the lovely forum lot i'm afraid.

Sarahbelle
03-09-2012, 07:10 AM
put the accreditation visit off for now honey. you are not taking on funded children are you?

right, get hold of Sarah's checklist. get the welfare stuff done first, policies etc.

Then just tweak your paperwork.

you will be fine. I'm thinking my ofsted will be any day now (was due in Feb 2012).

Oooh, I hope not Juggler. Mine was due in March 2012 and that would mean my phone will be ringing soon and I am not ready!

charleyfarley
03-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Snap but in my defence I've been on holiday and suffering from major jetlag.

Ok so I should have got it all sorted before I went away but I was too lazy or too busy shopping :laughing::laughing:

I will get there just like you will Fussy, as you say we work better under pressure :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoyed your cake and beer :D

Carol xx

FussyElmo
03-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Snap but in my defence I've been on holiday and suffering from major jetlag.

Ok so I should have got it all sorted before I went away but I was too lazy or too busy shopping :laughing::laughing:

I will get there just like you will Fussy, as you say we work better under pressure :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoyed your cake and beer :D

Carol xx

The cake was lovely and only 1 glass of beer. Going into town as i am almost out of paper and ink :rolleyes:.

Dd1 has offered to be on printer duty think she knows I will end up hitting it.

We will get there Carol and after reading sarahs checklist Im confident it will be done by tonight :thumbsup:

Demonjill
03-09-2012, 08:58 AM
The cake was lovely and only 1 glass of beer. Going into town as i am almost out of paper and ink :rolleyes:.

Dd1 has offered to be on printer duty think she knows I will end up hitting it.

We will get there Carol and after reading sarahs checklist Im confident it will be done by tonight :thumbsup:

Ah see you are already nearly there! Well done.

I let things build up and up toothen have a bit of a panic and a cry then pull myself together the day before and work flat out for about 20 hours solid to get it done!:thumbsup:

I'm sure all will be fine now:D