PDA

View Full Version : claiming back NI

Karen88
16-06-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi All
Does anyone claim back that NI Contributions, as i know of one CM that does.
Is that right that you can.
Regards
Karen

miffy
16-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Must admit I didn't think you could do that.

Does she have another job too? I know there is an upper earnings limit and you don't pay NI over that limit so perhaps that's it.

Sorry not much help

miffy xx

sarah707
16-06-2008, 06:37 AM
I don't pay it because I have applied for exemption as I have 2 children at home - I get home responsibilities protection instead.

It has not affected my final state pension because I get regular forecasts to check my status :D

deeb66
16-06-2008, 06:45 AM
No you cannot put NI contributions through your books.

She is definately wrong in doing so

angeldelight
16-06-2008, 06:49 AM
I agree with Dee you can not do it

If you find out there has been a change you best let us all know - think there will then be a mad rush to claim back haha

Angel xx

avril
16-06-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't pay it because I have applied for exemption as I have 2 children at home - I get home responsibilities protection instead.

It has not affected my final state pension because I get regular forecasts to check my status :D

I still pay NI even though I have x2 children at home, stopped paying waiting for some mindees as had no income and got a letter asking for 110.00 or there abouts to bring my state pension inline????? Then said but I do not have to pay this???? Phoned to query it and was told to ignore it so I did ;)

emmadines
06-07-2008, 08:05 AM
I still pay NI even though I have x2 children at home, stopped paying waiting for some mindees as had no income and got a letter asking for 110.00 or there abouts to bring my state pension inline????? Then said but I do not have to pay this???? Phoned to query it and was told to ignore it so I did ;)

I get these evry couple of months, it scares the living daylights out of me as we cant afford them. but then I call them almost in tears with panic:blush: , but to be told that I dont have to worry about it.