PDA

View Full Version : Yummy and simple recipe - Mexican bake....

jumpinjen
01-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Made by frying off onion and pepper with a stock cube and ground black pepper and a pinch of something zingy like fajita spice mix or cajun spice mix (vary the amount if you like it hot!), then add two tins of mixed beans, two tins of chopped toms and a big squeeze of tom puree - let it bubble for a while, then stir in a can of sweetcorn.

Spread a third of it in the bottom of a casserole dish, sprinkle on some grated cheese and cover with two tortillas cut up into quarters and spread out. Then layer up the bean mix, cheese and tortillas again and then bean mix, tortillas and cheese on top, cook in a hot oven for about 20 mins until the top tortillas are crispy and golden and eat - it is delicious, I tried it out tonight and it's going in my recipe journal it's that good!!

Jen x:)

kindredspirits
01-09-2012, 07:06 PM
ohh thank you that sounds scrummy!! might try it with chickpeas as i have a huge catering pack full of them!! :thumbsup:

francinejayne
01-09-2012, 07:10 PM
sounds yummy, and nice and cheap too! :thumbsup:

I shall give this a go! Thanks xx

watgem
01-09-2012, 07:35 PM
sounds lush I will defintiely try this, any more quick and easy recipe ideas much appreciated please, cos I'm a rubbish cook:D

Maza
01-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Mmmmm, right up my street. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Toothfairy
01-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Yum, that sounds lovely, thanks :thumbsup: