PDA

View Full Version : I need to have a serious word with myself!

sophia36
01-09-2012, 09:07 AM
For several reasons
-Its the weekend
-I'm on holiday

So can anyone tell me why I can't switch off from child minding? I'm driving myself batty thinking about all the work i feel i should be doing, can't be bothered to do etc...

So should i get on and do the work and give in to the nagging voice in my head or .................

Help!!:D

jumpinjen
01-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Write a list of all the things, they will then be out of your head and on paper!

Then choose one things you can do easily, do it today, then you will feel you have made a start and can relax - do one every day if you must but plan some fun stuff too!!

Jen x

samsstars
01-09-2012, 09:15 AM
I know exactly what you mean. This has been my week off, and I have spent most of it staring at all the childminding paperwork on my dining table. If I'm not worrying/thinking about it then I'm sat sorting it.

Need to draw a line under it for the weekend and trust that I've completed everything on Sarah's amazing list!

I need to start thinking about my own kids now and get everything ready for back to school on Tuesday!

Good luck with it all! :)

zippy
01-09-2012, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=jumpinjen;1151181]Write a list of all the things, they will then be out of your head and on paper!

Couldn't agree more that way you can screw it up in a ball and chuck it in the bin

sophia36
01-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks guys, my lovely hubby took me out for a pub lunch. it was amazing after a couple of glasses of wine child minding went straight out of my head. Not that I'm advocating turning to drink!!

jumpinjen
01-09-2012, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=zippy;1151222][QUOTE=jumpinjen;1151181]Write a list of all the things, they will then be out of your head and on paper!

Couldn't agree more that way you can screw it up in a ball and chuck it in the bin

jumpinjen
01-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys, my lovely hubby took me out for a pub lunch. it was amazing after a couple of glasses of wine child minding went straight out of my head. Not that I'm advocating turning to drink!!

It's very useful, I advocate it to myself now and again!! Glad you had a lovely day! Jen x