PDA

View Full Version : All about me book

childminder54
01-09-2012, 08:28 AM
I give thes out and only had one back. Do we still need too to give them to parents they just don't have time to fill them in.

Kiddleywinks
01-09-2012, 08:44 AM
No you don't HAVE to give them out but, if parents can't find 5 or 10 minutes to fill it in so I can get to know about THEIR child before they hand them over to a complete stranger, then that's a poor show on their part.

I insist that it's filled in between signing contracts and the start date, or if it's going to be a quick start, between first visit and contract signing.

lorettacritchet
02-09-2012, 06:56 PM
I assume this replaces the early years passport document? where it says things like dislikes, people working with the family etc?

Is this document necessary for all children? Is it an introductory type thing for the childminder to get to know the childminder or do we regularly update this? Been trying to find this info out and seem a bit lost with it.

sarah707
02-09-2012, 06:59 PM
It's an important part of information sharing with parents - to show you ask them about their child at the start of the relationship and then again at intervals... a lot of childminders have something called 'all about me now' or similar.

If you put questions such as religious beliefs, medical needs, allergies, sleep requirements etc in the 'all about me' booklet then it must be handed to you completed before the child starts.

if parents don't have time to fill it in... sit them down with a cuppa.

hth :D