PDA

View Full Version : I did it -

Gherkin
15-06-2008, 07:14 PM
:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: I have filed my first self assessment tax return on line and I am feeling fine. I'm even getting about £50 quid back. I am happy. It is another thing to tick off my to do list which is as long as my arm. :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

avril
15-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Well done, it can be daunting!!:D

crazybones
15-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Well done. I still have Jan-April to sort out and then I can send it off. Then do Tax credits :rolleyes: I must get on this week.

miffy
15-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Well done you - I am envious (haven't finished mine yet :blush: )

Was it straightforward to do on-line?

miffy xx

Gherkin
15-06-2008, 07:21 PM
miffy I have to say once I had logged in properly (cocked this up this morning but finally got in this afternoon) it was pretty easy. Looks more complicated than it is. It also gives you a summary before you submit so that it meant I was able to go back and add in my employment earnings as I had misread a bit and missed putting it in earlier. Couldn't face the paper form as it looks was to complicated so am chuffed that I got it done online with a hubby and 2 small children running around like lunatics.

Took me about 1hr 30 mins to do and print off summaries etc.

miffy
15-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for that Claire - if I ever get mine finished I might give it a try.

miffy xx

crazybones
15-06-2008, 07:26 PM
I blame you lot for why I havent done mine. First of all you all talk too much and I cant keep up and neglect stuff and second you all suggested so much good stuff once I joined here I have loads of receipts and stuff to sort out. You naughty people you. :joker:

miffy
15-06-2008, 07:27 PM
I blame you lot for why I havent done mine. First of all you all talk too much and I cant keep up and neglect stuff and second you all suggested so much good stuff once I joined here I have loads of receipts and stuff to sort out. You naughty people you. :joker:

Hmmm I like that excuse - not sure the tax man would accept it though :panic:

miffy xx

sarah707
15-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Well done you! :D

FizzysFriends
15-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I blame you lot for why I havent done mine. First of all you all talk too much and I cant keep up

May be we should have a specific day that we all file ours then we dont be able to distract each other, although we might crash their system, lol

angeldelight
16-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Well done glad you got it sorted

Angel xx