PDA

View Full Version : This may be silly!!

chez1373
01-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Im in need of advice i have two minded children aged 5 and 11 yrs do i need to do all the observations for these two?
I really dont understand what we have to do for the birth to 3 matters is it as it says on the tin just for birth to 3 yrs?

Im sorry if this is a stupid question im just at a loose end and im terrified about my inspection

angeldelight
01-01-2008, 04:46 PM
I have sent you a message

Angel xx

bubbly
01-01-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm confused too as I'm minding a girl who'll turn 4 in March. I dread those three little words: Birth To Three. By the time I do the course in March I'll be a nervous wreck! Tasha's been helping via phone and email over Xmas (thanks Tasha :) ) but it's still really hard trying to implement something you know next to zilch about. I shall probably pass out with fight when the inspector calls :panic:

chez1373
02-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Hi Angel has e.mailed me with different things for birth to 3 and now im alot more confident on what i have to do its very hard for me to explain what i mean but im sure Angel will help you out or if its ok with her i can forward the e.mails on to you with her permission ofcourse...

sarah707
02-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Just to clarify...

Birth to 3 covers ages 0 - 3 unless child is delayed in which case carry on birth to 3 until they are ready ... or child is gifted in which case, start Foundation Stage earlier, but only with advice! Activity ideas by our resident Angelic expert - see Birth to 3 thread.

Ages 4-5 follow Foundation Stage at school and with you... obs and planning again, following the 6 areas of learning and development... Foundation Stage link pinned in Birth to 3 thread.

From Sept 2008 (earlier if already inspected)... EYFS for all ages from 0 - 5...

Hope this makes sense! :D

Raggydolls
04-01-2008, 01:49 PM
so do we have to do these obs/daily diaries/eyfs stuff etc for the older children say 6-13 years old. im all confused now but have my training at the end of jan, thank goodness.

leanne
xx

sarah707
04-01-2008, 05:36 PM
You might like to do a scrap book of photos with added comments or get the child to help you make a folder they can put work in, then present to mum or dad when they leave or make a note and add pictures or entry tickets and brochures when you do special outings etc for over 5s, but you are not legally obliged to do the obs/planning etc.

You would, however, for good practice, want to plan your days and show you have put some thought into what you are offering a 5-8 year old child, as Ofsted do inspect for up to 8 year olds... it's just not a legal requirement for that age group.

I do monthly photo obs for all my after-schoolers, plus a little written something and they add stuff to their files quite often - they like making them up and it's a good way to get to know what they like. For example E, aged 6, likes skipping - so I started a skipping page for her and she records how many skips she does in a row with the date, plus there's a photo of her skipping etc etc... she's taken ownership of the book, but I add stuff as well with her approval.

Raggydolls
05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks Sarah, thats a great help

leanne
xx

chez1373
08-01-2008, 11:40 AM
thanks all

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi Chez

How is it going - have you got your head around most stuff now or you still confused ?

Angel xx

chez1373
08-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Hi Angel

ive gots lots of info to be getting through so ill tell you when ive done it all thanks again

cheryl