PDA

View Full Version : Fridge taking reading

childminder54
31-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Do we-still have to take a reading of the fridge every day with the revised eyfs

cathtee
31-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Hi, I'm not sure, I check mine daily but don't note it down, it's probably just good practice rather than a must.

I'm sure someone will be able to tell you for definate later:)

sarah707
31-08-2012, 09:24 PM
You should check the reading every day and note it in your 'Safer Food Better Business for childminders' pack if there is a problem.

Hth :D

miffy
31-08-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't make a daily note of the fridge or freezer temperature.

The only time I would do is if there was a problem together with what I had done about it.

Miffy xx

Tazmin68
01-09-2012, 01:36 AM
When I attended my last food hygiene course I was told to check fridge twice a day freezer once a day only need to record it if it is outside the required perimeters.

bunyip
01-09-2012, 08:55 AM
The advice seems to vary from one place to another.

TBH, I glance at the thermometer at least once a day (I go in the fridge a lot - it contains yummy things.) I write down the temperature about twice a week. My EHO said she was impressed that I did, and that she doesn't really expect CMs to do it so often. But AFAIK shops and other food businesses are expected to record temperatures at least twice a day.

BucksCM
01-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Yes to what everyone else has said :D...you need to check it daily but only write something down if the temp. is wrong. :thumbsup: