PDA

View Full Version : Potty training

Maria Pia
31-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I am feeling really deflated and that I am not doing my job properly... :(

I have 3 LOs that are all being potty trained or have been for a little while, and whilst parents report hardly any accidents at home, they all have accidents here ... I keep asking if they need to use the potty, put them on the potty in any case but accidents still happen a lot...

Has anyone else experienced the same? I do not feel confident enough to put them in the car without a pull up (with pants underneath) whilst in the house they only wear pants.

This is really getting me down... any suggestions?

Maria :(

winstonian
01-09-2012, 11:24 AM
We have had the same.
There is more happening here than at home and they have to share attention which I feel is a part of it. They may well have 1 to 1 at home.
However I also feel that no accidents sometimes means only 1 or 5 or 10 per day :laughing: some parents are a bit selective with what they tell us.

Maria Pia
02-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Thank you, I feel better knowing that I am not the only one...

What do you do when you go out (buggy/car seat)? Do you use pull ups on top of pants or you just pray that they do not have an accident, or use something on the seat?

xxx

blue bear
02-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Is lo asking at home or is parent timing it to perfection?
Is lo wearing clothes at home?
What does hardly any accidents actually mean from parents point of view.

I had a lo who was having hardly any accidents at home, turned out lo wore nappy at home and would wee on potty while waiting for bath to run :laughing:

I'm not keen on pull ups but if child not 90% reliable I would put one on over pants.

Herbil
03-09-2012, 11:51 AM
My little boy was the same as the children your telling us about. He'd nailed potty training at home but was having several accidents at nursery. Turned out he knew he needed the toilet but because he was in an environment with so much going on around him he would put it off until the last moment or just wee his pants.
I'm sure it isn't anything you are doing, potty training has to be child lead.

Maria Pia
07-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Thank you very much for advice, this week has been a bit better, thank God! One can only hope it's on the up!

Maria xx