View Full Version : Should I wait or ask?

31-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Im a very impatient person When it comes to waiting for things :laughing:

5yrs ago I looked after an 8 and 12yr old. They left 2yrs ago as eldest was able to look after himself and they moved out of the area. Mum has just had another baby about 6weeks ago. She messaged me through Facebook in Feb when she was about 4m pregnant asking me about childcare for march/April 2013.
I congratulated her and said I may have a space but I would have to see nearer the time.

Now, do I leave it a bit longer or ask her if she s thought about childcare now he's born. March is a way away but it's only 6m really

31-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Depends on if she said yes, would she commit and pay a retainer?
As you say, it's 6months away...which will be here before we know it but it is, never the less still 6 months.
If you ring her she might take it that you do have a space, want her baby and will keep the space...then you'll have to ask for the retainer...??
Rambling a bit here...guess what I'm trying to say is only you know her and how she may be...??

31-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Do you have a space now? if you do l would ring her and ask what her plans are, tell her you have a space which you would be willing to keep open if she were willing to pay a retainer of £x, if you wanted to be generous you could say that once you get an enquiry for that place you will give her first refusal and start the retainer from then. If no space l wouldn't get in touch.