PDA

View Full Version : Themes of the EYFS

blue bear
30-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi Sarah, going through your checklist it states are you aware the themes have changed?
I can't see a change in the themes, but principles and practice have been added,
What way can I reflect these in my planning, my head is buzzing I just can't work it out.
Thank you in advance
Blue bear

sarah707
30-08-2012, 09:26 PM
There are 4 themes of the EYFS -

Unique child

Positive relationships

Enabling environments

Learning and development

They are changed slightly from the themes we are used to using with the 2008 EYFS because some of the commitments have moved around and many of the statements are different...

They are also being used in a totally different way!

Apart from the obvious - some of them are now the 'Commitments of effective learning'...

They are now integral to the Development Matters guidance document and will be used to guide your practice as you refer to them when you are planning for a child's learning and development, dependent on your observations of their play.

This document in free downloads at the top of the forum might help put it into perspective for you -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/themesandcommitmentsEYFS.html

Hth :D

blue bear
30-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Oh you are so clever, totally clear now.
Thank you so much

VeggieSausage
30-08-2012, 10:36 PM
for some reason the 7 areas have infiltrated my brain but the rest of it just won't go in!.....

lorraine04
03-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Just what i was looking for too, thank you :clapping: