PDA

View Full Version : Not the day we had planned!

CH1957
30-08-2012, 06:04 PM
I had 3 LO's today all under 2. Picnic all packed up and got them all in the car ready to go out for the day, also taking my 2 dogs. Got 10 minutes up the road and the car died! :eek: We had to wait for the Green Flag man (who, to be fair, came really quickly) to come and rescue us.
So, our day out turned out to be a trip in a big breakdown truck to the nearest garage, where Ive left my car and am waiting for them to give me a nice big bill. :(

BucksCM
30-08-2012, 06:30 PM
What a shame the lo were so young and not able to appreciate a ride in a tow truck!!!
Hope the bill isn't too big.

AliceK
30-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Oh what a nightmare.
How did you all plus the dogs fit in the breakdown truck? Did you brief the call operator first to send a bus for you all?

xxx

CH1957
31-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Oh what a nightmare.
How did you all plus the dogs fit in the breakdown truck? Did you brief the call operator first to send a bus for you all?

xxx

:laughing::laughing: Yes, they had to send the 7 seater and then he told me he wasnt supposed to take dogs but he took us anyway, then we had to walk all the way home - about 2 miles.

Actually the 2 older ones 15 & 23 months both enjoyed it all and were very good thankfully.

caz3007
31-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Its something to add the their LJ's that they had a ride in a tow truck...lol.

Many years ago our car caught fire and my DS, DD who was 15 and I were put in the fire engine to keep us safe as it was dangerous road quite late a night. He was only about 10 months and doesnt remember it, shame in a way but DD does...lol

miffy
31-08-2012, 05:36 PM
:laughing::laughing: Yes, they had to send the 7 seater and then he told me he wasnt supposed to take dogs but he took us anyway, then we had to walk all the way home - about 2 miles.

Actually the 2 older ones 15 & 23 months both enjoyed it all and were very good thankfully.

Think it's awful they didn't give you a lift home.

Good job the lo's enjoyed it or it could have been a nightmare.

Hope the bill isn't too huge!

Miffy xx

CH1957
01-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Think it's awful they didn't give you a lift home.

Good job the lo's enjoyed it or it could have been a nightmare.

Hope the bill isn't too huge!

Miffy xx

He couldnt give me a lift home cos couldnt fit all of us and the huge double buggy in the truck. Car will be expensive I think as they still cant find out whats wrong with it, despite the Green Flag guy telling them it was definately a fueling problem :(