PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted

childminder54
29-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Ho long after 1 st September do you think ofsted will be doing inspections, will they be giving us a couple of weeks to put into practise.

christine e
30-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Well a few months ago I was told that inspectors would be doing training during August and that meant that there would be no inspections during August but clearly some forum members are being inspected so I would say do your best to be ready for an inspection at any time and to embrace the new EYFS as much as you possibly can

Cx

sarah707
30-08-2012, 06:35 AM
If it's anything like when the EYFS 2008 came in, they started the first week of Sept and hit the ground running.

Best be prepared! :D

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=107232

marnieb
30-08-2012, 06:49 AM
I was told by a Mrs O ata meeting recently that they are trying to be up and running - especially if its your first inspection, or have a satisfactory.

wellybelly
30-08-2012, 07:07 AM
I had a "No children on Roll" inspection in March this year and the inspector (who was soooooo lovely - didnt think they were :panic:) said inspections will begin from begining of September. I've now got children so am expecting a proper inspection anytime from next week.

Mouse
30-08-2012, 08:08 AM
My inspection was due in Feb, so I'm prepared for a call anytime from next week!

EmmaReed84
30-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Ok so hugely dumb question here...

My inspection was in Dec '11. It was my first ever graded inspection and I got a satisfactory...

Are Ofsted looking to try and inspected everyone from Sept to check they are using the new EYFS? Or just inspecting those due? Or just doing out of the blue inspections?

blue bear
30-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Ok so hugely dumb question here...

My inspection was in Dec '11. It was my first ever graded inspection and I got a satisfactory...

Are Ofsted looking to try and inspected everyone from Sept to check they are using the new EYFS? Or just inspecting those due? Or just doing out of the blue inspections?

Now Emma you should know better, there is no way of telling what Ofsted will do, they are on a planet of their own! :laughing:

SandCastles
30-08-2012, 08:02 PM
I was due in June - so am expecting a call next week! eek!
My last inspector was very horrible, but I've heard she as retired! phew!

Bear23
30-08-2012, 08:07 PM
i am due first week of oct, and i am ready for them,,,, :)

i know somethings aren't hundred percent but i'm not gonna kill myself getting stuff done

kids are happy, parents happy, policys ok,

what will be, will be x

loocyloo
30-08-2012, 08:12 PM
i was due october last year!

i am as about ready as i can be and as Bear23 says 'what will be, will be' !!!

i'm hoping they come sooner rather than later and then i can show what my plans are regarding EYFS 2012, and explain that they are still a work in progress whilst i get used to using the new guides!

mandy moo
31-08-2012, 08:24 AM
My 2nd graded inspection was due March 2011
Ill be first on the list I guess :D