PDA

View Full Version : Had some info on training for the new EYFS

Lily Grace
29-08-2012, 07:07 PM
and guess what it is on a Tuesday and Wednesday 9.30 till 4.30 at £180!!

So that would mean me taking two days off work and I don't charge for my hols. Parents finding alternative care for their children and me trying to sort out someone picking my two up from school.

At the moment I will probably be earning less than the £180 for that week as I am quiet at the moment.

jumpinjen
29-08-2012, 07:09 PM
So why go?

Get your information from here and do it yourself - it isn't a requirement to go to training about it - and some have found theirs utterly useless if not misleading!

I certainly would not be paying £180, losing two days pay and inconveniencing my families for that!

Approach your LA and tell them you need CM friendly training in the evenings or weekends - cheeky so and so's!!

Jen x

blue bear
29-08-2012, 10:41 PM
I never went on the original eyfs 2008 training, I got my info else where. When ofsted came they complimented me on my training as they had found those that went on lea training were somewhat under informed.

sarah707
30-08-2012, 06:37 AM
You can find everything you need right here :D

JCrakers
30-08-2012, 06:56 AM
I definitely wouldnt go,that's ridiculous :eek:

Ours are free to childminders but I haven't been because dh works till 7pm and can't always get back on time.
What stupid times as well...I'm having to go on a course that's an hour away and am having to finish work early meaning I'll lose about £30. I'm not happy but it was either that or 930-1230 on a Thursday.
But £180 for the course and loss of wages is definitely not on in my opinion. That's a weeks wage for some people :eek:

wellybelly
30-08-2012, 07:01 AM
Thats soooooooo expensive. I've done 2 lots of local authority FREE training at 2 hours a time. One aimed at childminders and the other aimed at Leaders and Managers. I did'nt learn anything more than what I have already found out from the forum. The only thing I came home with was a printed copy of the Revised EYFS and Development Matters. Sarah's put together a wonderful detailed checklist in preperation for the implementation, and theres hundreds of threads from other people sharing their ideas.

Spend the money on yourself:littleangel:

The Juggler
30-08-2012, 07:10 AM
that is outrageous. our LA charged £35 and then charged £10 for the paperwork (the guidance and Development Matters) :rolleyes:

We ran one at our childrens' centre for free and we were told it was just as informative if not more.

Dig deep for information on here then have a sharing session with likeminded minders near you honey :thumbsup:

christine e
30-08-2012, 07:24 AM
No way would I ever entertain the idea!

rickysmiths
30-08-2012, 10:37 AM
No Way £180 plus loss of income they are having a joke!!!

Ours was in the evening and cost £20

NCMA have Webinars on the new EYFS that cost a lot less than that and you can do them at home when you want. Have a look on their web site. they are offering a 5% discount at the moment as well.

cupcake22
30-08-2012, 11:00 AM
I didnt do any traing for EYFS when it came in & I dont intend doing any this time. I have learnt more on this forum since being a member than I have ever learnt on any training sessions. I only do complusary training & get the rest from here.

Cupcake22

suzyjane73
30-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Don't go, our training consisted of the EYDA basically reading throught the EYFS guidance and speculating on what it might mean!! This forum has been much more helpful.

mrs c
31-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Don't go, our training consisted of the EYDA basically reading throught the EYFS guidance and speculating on what it might mean!! This forum has been much more helpful.

Ours was exactly like that! Was a waste of time going and thought they were a bit clueless. We were actually referred to this forum for info!! :eek: Wonder how much these people are paid? We are supposed to be receiving more info/courses but am not surprised that we have heard nothing more. I really think they are waiting and watching this forum to get their info.
This happened with the into of the eyfs and we were given rubbish info then. I found the more accurate and helpful advice was from here.