PDA

View Full Version : Seperation anxiety

Kirsty90
29-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Hello,

I've been looking after a little one since he was 5 months old and he's now just gone 1. He's really settled here but the last few times he has come he has got really upset at drop off. I know it is just Seperation anxiety and it's normal but has any one got any tips on reassuring the parents?

Thanks

Kirsty x.

DaisyMae
29-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Has he got a special toy that he can bring from home? Have just been reading something interesting about how some children use toys from home as a representation of their parents whilst they are away from them.

cathtee
29-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi I have lo and she has been with me since february, she's 18months she settle really well I had a Holiday in may for 2 weeks and came back she was fine. I had 2 weeks off beginning of August she went away with mom dad brothers and sister, she came back last tuesday and sobbed for half hour when mom left, wed lasted about 10 mins thurs as soon as i shut the door she stopped. this week has been the same full on tears for moms benefit and then door closed and stops. Mom is feeling awful but knows she's happy here I think lo has just got to the stage where she know how to work mom and dad.

The only advice i can give is take lo off mom as soon as possible when they arrive and tell mom lo will be fine and drop her a text when lo has settled. the longer she stays in the morning to settle lo the worse the little one will be and mom more upset.

Hope this helps sorry to waffle.