PDA

View Full Version : Can I/would you charge?

stargazer1
29-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Supposed to be having sibling girls tomorrow, full day, so quite a nice earner. Mum just phoned and said they have gone away, hotel has made a mistake and booked them in for an extra night free of charge so they won't be back til tomorrow night. She asked if I could have the girls on Friday instead which I can't as it is my only day off and I have plans that I can't now change. Mum then asked me if I will be charging as I can't accommodate the Friday. I said I will charge half rate but I think she was a bit put out. The girls are contracted only for Thursdays so just because she wants to change and I can't do it, should I really lose out? As I see it I am entitled to charge full rate as she hasn't given me the notice I require for booked half rate. Thought I would do half rate tho as its not her fault I cant swap for her. Wonder what people want from me sometimes!! Blood perhaps???

Kiddleywinks
29-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Personally, I think you've been generous charging half fees!

I expect the additional fees at the time of booking additional hours, as they are not refundable

Mouse
29-08-2012, 09:51 AM
I would have charged full fee for the Thursday as it's a contracted day. I make it very clear from the outset that I don't swap days if one can't be used. I will occassionally swap a day if fit suits me as well, but I don't swap a day just so parents can use up the hours they think they've paid for.

Eg. if a parent had to swap a day at work I would possibly do it, but if they were away and wanted to swap days to use up what they think they're due then I don't do it.

Jods
29-08-2012, 09:51 AM
How is it not her fault?

she could easily decline the extra day, as she is not paying for it, and she is fully aware of the situation.

I would expect full fees as this was contracted.

naomiesian
29-08-2012, 09:53 AM
If it was me I would be charging full rate regardless! I always charge for contracted hours unless I myself am unwell and unable to work or Im on holiday. I dont swap days, if a parent requires care on another day and I am able to accomadate they still have to pay for the contracted day plus the extra both at full rate. I think you are being very understanding (more so than I would be)! xxx

stargazer1
29-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Thank you all!! I am sticking to my guns. As I say, it was a goodwill gesture, I usually ask for 4 weeks notice for "booked holiday". I love how tough you lot are, it toughens me up! haha x

DaisyMae
29-08-2012, 01:23 PM
I would have charged full rate too!

kellib
29-08-2012, 06:06 PM
I'd charge full rates too, she won't be out of pocket as she's not paying for the hotel!

nic t
29-08-2012, 06:08 PM
I would have charged full fees- she is taking an extra days holiday. Why should you be done a days wages?!