PDA

View Full Version : breakfast for schoolies

Starfish007
28-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi all, from next week I have 2 schoolies in the morning at 7.30 4 days a week. What sort of breakfast do you provide? Do you leave a selection out for them to self select?

And also my room is full of gear for the early years little ones, how much stuff should I provide for a 5 and 7 year old before school? Few books, games, colouring sheets? x

babs
28-08-2012, 08:49 PM
breakfast mine have choice of two cereals. toast, crumpets or pancakes these are usually frozen so just pop in toaster. cereals i change weekly asking what they would like. gotone at moment that has fruit and yogurt as.that's what i have. they have choice of water, milk or fruit juice.

cathtee
28-08-2012, 08:52 PM
HI I ask them what they want from the selection in the cupboard, by the time they have eaten it there isn't much time left, but i do find that my before schoolies like to play with the lo's things especially the elc happy land things, just go with the flow for the first few days and get to know what they prefer to do:)

good luck

karen m
28-08-2012, 09:15 PM
I have a selection in cupboard ready for starting back next week,parent stated child liked the variety packs,did that last term,have got large boxes of what he had in variety boxes, so cereal ,toast, drink,milk,water juice not much time after that before coats,bags check everyone has everything and away we go

Starfish007
28-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Ah thanks everyone, big help x

Monkey26
29-08-2012, 07:01 AM
I provide choice of three cereals or toast plus glass of milk or water :thumbsup: if they are still hungry after they are offered a portion of fruit xx

Oh and all cereals are decanted into those clear plastic cereal tub things so kids can't be brand snobs!! Haha xx