PDA

View Full Version : GRRRRRR PULL UPS!!

stargazer1
28-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Any ideas people on how to gently (or not so gently) dissuade parents from sending their totally un potty trained little ones in pull ups?? They are far less absorbant than nappies and I am getting so fed up of sending the same little one home with a set of wet pee'd through clothes. I try and change her regularly, but today for example we went to the park so she was in it about 2 hours max, picked her up after she fell down and she was soaking. Drives me mad! If they aren't potty training then why do they need pull ups!! Rant over :) x

Childrenatheart
28-08-2012, 04:15 PM
In my parent pack I state clearly & categorically that pull-ups are banned in my setting, explaining the reason why. I'll let them off the first time but after that I insist on nappies or go home again. Tough but it works

Beaka
28-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I just had to change my mindee in pull-ups and it was a poo....what a mess.:eek: He's not potty training either, are they cheaper than nappies?? xx

stargazer1
28-08-2012, 04:36 PM
I just had to change my mindee in pull-ups and it was a poo....what a mess.:eek: He's not potty training either, are they cheaper than nappies?? xx

They must be on offer somewhere!! :)

stargazer1
28-08-2012, 04:40 PM
In my parent pack I state clearly & categorically that pull-ups are banned in my setting, explaining the reason why. I'll let them off the first time but after that I insist on nappies or go home again. Tough but it works

I think your way is the way forward!

toddlers896
28-08-2012, 05:08 PM
i had this problem a couple of weeks ago and mum said they are cheaper, thats why they use them. I didnt realise they can be ripped at the sides until they told me so i was havin probs with messy poos lol:laughing:

Katiekoo
28-08-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't like them anymore but they helped my dd feel more grown up as she potty trained towards the age of 2 and a half/ 3. Also a parent here is sending lo in pull ups so he gets used to being able to take clothes on and off prior to potty training. They are annoying though because you have to completely take the trousers off for each change.

janminder
28-08-2012, 06:08 PM
I soon learnt to rip pull ups at the side when looking after a child with toddler diarrhea. Felt sorry for him as he was toilet trained but had to wear them at 4 as sometimes it came on too sudden.

stargazer1
29-08-2012, 09:49 AM
It is handy that you can rip them at the sides. Its a bit of a nuisance having to strip the bottom half completely to change, but the real problem I have with them is that they are less absorbant (hugely) than nappies. Which is fine when potty training and you want the child to feel wet and use the potty. But when you have a child that isnt training, its a pain in the bum (excuse the pun!) to have to change them every two hours just so they don't leak. My little boy is in nappies still and I would say I get through 3-4 a day on average. But the little girl that is in pull ups, I change her 3 or 4 times just while she is here. So surely if you have to use loads more, they aren't cheaper? And they just get on my nerves!!! :)

marnieb
29-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Yes, I hate them with a passion too, and have never even used them for potty training.

Just as bad is sending nappies that are too small - mindee J (nearly 2) is same size as my big 3yr old dd, and today they sent size 5 nappies!!!! I mean, seriously, they don't do up properly & I've had to change him 3 times already!!!!!