PDA

View Full Version : what a lovely morning :)

adele1985
28-08-2012, 09:57 AM
i was sort of deading this morning as its the first time ive had this many kids all at once ALL day

I had lots planned for them (water, sand, gloop,playdough to name a few lol)

well they have never left the playroom playing doctors together

am i wrong to just leave them to it and get on with some paperwork (in the playroom so i can supervise)

AliceK
28-08-2012, 10:29 AM
No, leave them to it.
My LO's are playing in the toyroom building dens with cushions and the 2 older ones are on their DS's. They are all happy so I'm sitting in the kitchen (can see the playroom) doing paperwork and budgeting.

xxx

lorettacritchet
28-08-2012, 11:43 AM
I am so glad I am not the only childminder who does a little paperwork whilst keeping an eye on the kids free playing. I always feel guilty, like someone is going to tell me off....but when the kids are happy with each other than I am happy.

No, leave them to it.
My LO's are playing in the toyroom building dens with cushions and the 2 older ones are on their DS's. They are all happy so I'm sitting in the kitchen (can see the playroom) doing paperwork and budgeting.

xxx

AliceK
28-08-2012, 11:49 AM
I am so glad I am not the only childminder who does a little paperwork whilst keeping an eye on the kids free playing. I always feel guilty, like someone is going to tell me off....but when the kids are happy with each other than I am happy.

I used to feel like that. I felt guilty if I wasn't actively joining in with them, stimulating them etc. Actually it's healthy for them to just get on with things as long as they are happy and safe and you can observe and plan for next steps etc. When they start to bicker and get fed up that's when I'll intervene.

xxxx

kel1983
28-08-2012, 12:26 PM
I have caught up with earning journals and scrap books this morning. Got the huge box of duplo out in the lounge and they have been playing happily together all morning. Now they have turned box into a space ship