PDA

View Full Version : Penny and Blue Boy are leaving

Richard
28-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Penny and Blue Boy have asked to leave the forum for good on 3rd September.

I personally wish them all the best for the future and am grateful to both of them for their contributions to the forum.

Many of you are asking why threads about them leaving have been deleted.

The reason is that both of these threads starting to drift way off the original topic and started to become personal attacks on me.

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinions but I do not agree with personal attacks about me in a forum that I own.

Here is a summary:

1. Penny announced she was leaving.

2. Several people said they were sorry to hear that including me.

3. In my post I politely asked her on what date she wanted her forum account closing.

4. I received countless abuse back from other members saying that was not an appropriate thing to say.

5. I responded and said that we had a obligation to remove member personal data on their request under the Data Protection Act and was only acting accordingly.

6. This generated further personal abuse against me.

7. Penny then said she wasn't actually leaving and wanted to post from time to time.

8. I responded and said that was no problem and I was pleased to hear that.

9. More personal abuse came my way and I received several private messages from other members supporting me and saying they thought the thread should be deleted because it had simply turned into an attack against me.

9. I chose to delete the thread for this reason. It ended up being 30% Penny leaving and 70% attacking me.

10. Penny then posted another thread which was a direct personal attack against me and saying she was now leaving forever on 3rd September.

11. Blue Boy then posted a thread saying he was leaving too which then also became a personal attack and so I deleted it.

If anyone chooses to leave the forum forever or for a short time then that is their choosing but I don't think we need a thread each time a member is taking a break or leaving which then just turns into attacks on people.

The Childminding Chat area is for general chat about childminding. It's not for people to say they are leaving or for people to attack me or anyone else.

I have supported this forum for the last few years by being Pauline's largest advertiser and spent thousands of pounds in advertising to help keep the forum going.

I then spent a very significant amount of money buying the forum to ensure it's future and plan to spend more money improving it further for the members such as iimplementing the 'Like' button you all requested and also mobile apps for the iPhone and Andoid.

Running this forum is not cheap. It costs thousands of pounds per year.

Some people seem to really take the forum for granted. They perhaps don't appreciate the amount of work or money involved in keeping it going.

I have said several times the forum will always be free and that there are no plans to charge for it ever. This is my personal guarantee.

As the owner of the forum I do not believe I am god but I think it would nice to have a little respect from the members since it is because of my hard earned money and generosity that you are all able to use this platform to communicate with each other.

Please let's all calm down. The forum is supposed to be fun. and we should keep it that way.

Thanks for all the private messages of support I have received.

Richard :)

ziggy
28-08-2012, 06:43 AM
I dont know the people you mention but its sad to read this

just wanna thank you for this site, without it i would go insane lol

gegele
28-08-2012, 06:45 AM
so i go for a bit and this is what happen!!! :D

i hope we manage to keep the good spirit this forum has always had. come on people play nice.:D

have a good day

Richard
28-08-2012, 06:46 AM
I dont know the people you mention but its sad to read this

just wanna thank you for this site, without it i would go insane lol

Thanks ziggy and thanks for all the nice PM's and emails I have received too.

Bear23
28-08-2012, 06:53 AM
:thumbsup:

miss mopple
28-08-2012, 06:53 AM
All sounds fair enough to me Richard :thumbsup:

Haven't been round much to see all the goings on, but as long as the forum is around and is a happy place to be I'd like to stick around and wish you lots of luck in the running of it. I have no issue with change of leadership (I've pondered it alot) but can't be doing with reading threads that turn nasty on anyone.

Lets just get back to the business of childminding everyone and be grateful that we still have a forum on which to chat about it :clapping:

Maza
28-08-2012, 07:00 AM
Thank you for all the hard work you do. I had no idea what was going on but I hope everyone is okay. x

AliceK
28-08-2012, 07:04 AM

Haven't been round much to see all the goings on, but as long as the forum is around and is a happy place to be I'd like to stick around and wish you lots of luck in the running of it. I have no issue with change of leadership (I've pondered it alot) but can't be doing with reading threads that turn nasty on anyone.

Lets just get back to the business of childminding everyone and be grateful that we still have a forum on which to chat about it :clapping:

Totally agree :thumbsup:
Lets not turn this wonderful forum into the likes of another forum (we all know the one I mean)

xxxxx

Pauline
28-08-2012, 07:07 AM
I hope it is ok to stick in my two-penn'oth.

I felt really sorry for Richard yesterday.

It was a Bank Holiday Monday! I am sure he had better things to do with his family on such a day without having to worry about what was happening here.

I know from experience that it can sometimes seem that you spend all your holidays and personal time sorting out problems or having to 'be available' to sort them out and it can get you down, especially when things get personal about you or the way you are running things.

Richard is only human, I don't think any of you realise the amount of work involved in keeping this place going, isn't it time give him a break?

Richard
28-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Thank you very much Pauline. I appreciate your support and that of others.

I've had some lovely emails from forum members this morning.

I hope it is ok to stick in my two-penn'oth.

I felt really sorry for Richard yesterday.

It was a Bank Holiday Monday! I am sure he had better things to do with his family on such a day without having to worry about what was happening here.

I know from experience that it can sometimes seem that you spend all your holidays and personal time sorting out problems or having to 'be available' to sort them out and it can get you down, especially when things get personal about you or the way you are running things.

Richard is only human, I don't think any of you realise the amount of work involved in keeping this place going, isn't it time give him a break?

VINASOL
28-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Penny and Blue Boy have asked to leave the forum for good on 3rd September.

I personally wish them all the best for the future and am grateful to both of them for their contributions to the forum.

Many of you are asking why threads about them leaving have been deleted.

The reason is that both of these threads starting to drift way off the original topic and started to become personal attacks on me.

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinions but I do not agree with personal attacks about me in a forum that I own.

Here is a summary:

1. Penny announced she was leaving.

2. Several people said they were sorry to hear that including me.

3. In my post I politely asked her on what date she wanted her forum account closing.

4. I received countless abuse back from other members saying that was not an appropriate thing to say.

5. I responded and said that we had a obligation to remove member personal data on their request under the Data Protection Act and was only acting accordingly.

6. This generated further personal abuse against me.

7. Penny then said she wasn't actually leaving and wanted to post from time to time.

8. I responded and said that was no problem and I was pleased to hear that.

9. More personal abuse came my way and I received several private messages from other members supporting me and saying they thought the thread should be deleted because it had simply turned into an attack against me.

9. I chose to delete the thread for this reason. It ended up being 30% Penny leaving and 70% attacking me.

10. Penny then posted another thread which was a direct personal attack against me and saying she was now leaving forever on 3rd September.

11. Blue Boy then posted a thread saying he was leaving too which then also became a personal attack and so I deleted it.

If anyone chooses to leave the forum forever or for a short time then that is their choosing but I don't think we need a thread each time a member is taking a break or leaving which then just turns into attacks on people.

The Childminding Chat area is for general chat about childminding. It's not for people to say they are leaving or for people to attack me or anyone else.

I have supported this forum for the last few years by being Pauline's largest advertiser and spent thousands of pounds in advertising to help keep the forum going.

I then spent a very significant amount of money buying the forum to ensure it's future and plan to spend more money improving it further for the members such as iimplementing the 'Like' button you all requested and also mobile apps for the iPhone and Andoid.

Running this forum is not cheap. It costs thousands of pounds per year.

Some people seem to really take the forum for granted. They perhaps don't appreciate the amount of work or money involved in keeping it going.

I have said several times the forum will always be free and that there are no plans to charge for it ever. This is my personal guarantee.

As the owner of the forum I do not believe I am god but I think it would nice to have a little respect from the members since it is because of my hard earned money and generousity that you are all able to use this platform to communicate with each other.

Please let's all calm down. The forum is supposed to be fun. and we should keep it that way.

Thanks for all the private messages of support I have received.

Richard, I think you need to seriously think about how you are coming across to members in what you do/how you respond. Firstly, none of us were given any indication that the site was being sold (totally understandable move by Pauline); BUT it is been a huge shock for many of the members who have been here for years.

We are all adults here so perhaps rather than just deleting posts that you don't like or think that are attacking you personally (I don't recall blueboy mentioning you by name/didn't get a chance to read the Penny post) without discussion or warning you discuss what is being said. I think that you are being over-sensitive and rather than add fuel to the fire, you need to add a touch of water!

Pauline and Graham were not softies by any means but they would at least respond to a thread before deleting it and giving their reasons for doing so -- you are making people very nervous.

With regards to the logo. No one mentioned it in your survey so you thought that was a negative? In interests of trying to keep everyone calm, would it have killed you to post a thread saying that you wanted to update the site etc etc and ask the people that have used this site for years (who in the main are childminders) to make a comment and feel involved in a site that they have used and loved for many years.

VINASOL
28-08-2012, 07:15 AM
As the owner of the forum I do not believe I am god but I think it would nice to have a little respect from the members since it is because of my hard earned money and generosity that you are all able to use this platform to communicate with each other.

Respect is a two way deal Richard, and certainly respect needs to be earned! I feel this paragraph is insulting quite frankly.

Richard
28-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Thanks for your comments.

I will always involve the members in any future big changes. That is why I posted the competition thread asking what eveyone liked about the forum and what they would like improving.

Based on this feedback we are planning to implement the popular suggestions.

wendywu
28-08-2012, 07:19 AM
I for one am happy that we still have the forum and it is the best support that i have. I would hate it to close.

I did not realise what had gone on the latter part of yesterday, but Pauline wanted to sell the forum and Richard has bought it. He is very kind in saying that it will always be free and putting in things that we asked for.

So i think we need to draw a line under all this and go on from here xx:thumbsup:

VINASOL
28-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Sorry you are insulted Vinasol.

I've had lots of nice emails of support this morning.

Would you be interested in buying the forum off me and running it yourself?

If so, please PM to discuss further.

Actually LET me re-word what I just wrote.

THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!! You can't answer a question can you. You are very sarcastic for no reason. If you can't take constructive critiscim Richard, then perhaps you should have remained behind the scenes where you do not have to have contact with real people.

Yes, let's draw a line under it.

GOODBYE!

francinejayne
28-08-2012, 07:23 AM
Oh my goodness, I think I missed it all!

Without knowing the FULL facts it is hard for any of us to comment, however if what Richard is saying is true then I think it is acceptable to delete the offending posts. Perhaps there could have been some notification that this action would be taken, but hindsight is a great thing!

Prior to my life as a childminder I worked as a computer programmer (going slightly off tangent here!) and almost all of the time that I was working on a new computer system, or changes to the original one, the users of the system met me with reluctance and DID NOT want the change to happen at all! People generally are against change - until they realise that actually it isn't so bad after all! Hopefully this is a case of this.

Other than the millions (slight exaggeration) of posts on here saying that the forum will change under the new owners, and the posts attacking the new owners, and the people leaving threads, and the new logo (which by the way was announced on here, so it seems that you can't do right for doing wrong!?), I don't actually see many changes - it still feels like the same forum to me - IF you are able to ignore all of those things I mentioned!

I think everyone needs to blooming well calm down, and try to get on with what this forum is all about - childminding! Being there for each other, supporting each other, helping each other, offering advise and constructive criticism and differing opinions in a polite and respectful way! And long may it continue!

breezy
28-08-2012, 07:27 AM
I for one am happy that we still have the forum and it is the best support that i have. I would hate it to close.

I did not realise what had gone on the latter part of yesterday, but Pauline wanted to sell the forum and Richard has bought it. He is very kind in saying that it will always be free and putting in things that we asked for.

So i think we need to draw a line under all this and go on from here xx:thumbsup:

here here, :thumbsup:

VINASOL
I don't think we should talk money in this thread but if you are seriously interested please PM me your offer.

I would consider selling it for what I paid for it plus the legal fees and other costs associated in buying it.

Have a nice day.

Oh I'm having a fab day already Richard, thank you. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :clapping:

moogster1a

Gosh, what a horroble sarcastic comment. I think you need to grow a pair. You're coming across as a petulant little boy. ( feel free to delete this for going against the "be nice to Richard and don't criticise" rules

~Chelle~
28-08-2012, 07:32 AM

Gosh, what a horroble sarcastic comment. I think you need to grow a pair. You're coming across as a petulant little boy. ( feel free to delete this for going against the "be nice to Richard and don't criticise" rules

Bear23
28-08-2012, 07:32 AM

ziggy
28-08-2012, 07:39 AM
Oh my word, has the world gone mad??????

My father died during the holidays, which brought back awful memories of my husband's death nearly 5yrs ago.

This summer has been a nightmare for me, today is my first 'proper' day back at work and i was so looking forward to it. Little ones arrived full of smiles and the sun is shining.

Logged into my favourite site for some cheerful chat and normality in life and find total madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it me?????

please please put all of this into perspective. this site is amazing and keeps many of us sane in the lonely working life of a childminder. dont let this be blown out of proportion, please.

There are much worse things going on, sadly

Sending big hugs to all

kindredspirits
28-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Oh my word, has the world gone mad??????

My father died during the holidays, which brought back awful memories of my husband's death nearly 5yrs ago.

This summer has been a nightmare for me, today is my first 'proper' day back at work and i was so looking forward to it. Little ones arrived full of smiles and the sun is shining.

Logged into my favourite site for some cheerful chat and normality in life and find total madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it me?????

please please put all of this into perspective. this site is amazing and keeps many of us sane in the lonely working life of a childminder. dont let this be blown out of proportion, please.

There are much worse things going on, sadly

Sending big hugs to all

Huge hugs to you Ziggy - hope you are coping as well as possible xxx I think you are right - no matter what petty little things (and people) are going on around here the bigger picture is so much more important. x

ziggy
28-08-2012, 07:43 AM
thank you. I love this site and i mentioned, it keeps many of us sane, well almost:laughing:

angeldelight
28-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Massive hugs to you Ziggy such sad news

Hope you are doing ok

Love Angel xxx

miss mopple
28-08-2012, 07:48 AM
So sorry for your loss Ziggy xx

JCrakers
28-08-2012, 07:48 AM
I was walking round Chester Zoo in the rain yesterday so missed all that went on (I always do) :rolleyes:

It does sound like its got a bit out of control. Not sure what could have happened to make two people leave. Everyone is so friendly on here and it seems to me that one incident happens and everyone had gone mad.

I love this forum but at the end of the day that's what it is. A place to post, read, swap ideas and have a say. I hope it stays friendly and it doesn't matter to me if the logo or layout changes :blush: as long as I can still read and post.
Things always change when a new owner takes over. If someone owns the site and is putting money into the forum and spending time doing it then surely its their decision to make changes and delete posts if necessary?
Or am I missing something?

jelly15
28-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Agree with Ziggy and Kindred. I also feel that as the owner of the forum Richard deserves a little more respect. He has the repect and support of the founder of the forum and isn't a stranger but has been investing in it for quite a while.

francinejayne
28-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Big hugs to you Ziggy, and very wise words too! Everyone needs to remember what is important!

rickysmiths
28-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Sorry you are insulted Vinasol.

I've had lots of nice emails of support this morning.

Was that a necessary remark :rolleyes:

I think it is this kind of reaction she is talking about Richard, sorry but it is behaving like a spoilt kid who hasn't got their own way and is boasting about their admiration society. I know you have perhaps got to get to know us all a bit but I hate to say this, you are an adult to and to command respect you need to show it.

As others have said it was a massive shock to hear Pauline had sold the Forum and it was very sudden. Many of us understand why she has done this and respect her for it. Unfortunately the biggest shock of all for a lot of us was that it was you that bought. Especially as you had not long before stomped off the Forum in a bit of a huff over and incident with a member on here. I'm not going into the rights and wrongs of that but to all of us left behind in your wake it did feel a bit like a temper tantrum. You appeared to have left the Forum for good, your name was deleted from the membership list and that was that.

Then suddenly you pop up as the owner!!!

I think you have actually got a long way to go to earn the respect of a lot of us. You also have a very hard act to follow in Pauline and Graham.

You have not demonstrated this in the last 24 hours, I don't think and to lose two very experienced and very valuable members of this sight and I fear more is so so sad.

I don't see anything wrong in a member saying goodbye, in fact quite a lot do when they go on holiday or leave childminding but they of course come back from holiday but they know their absence would be noticed and we worry if we haven't heard from someone in a while because we care about them. It is also good to see ex minders who were active members pop on from time to time telling us what they are doing.

I have met Penny several time and I have known BlueBoy for years you have lost in them to very faithful supporters.

rickysmiths
28-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Agree with Ziggy and Kindred. I also feel that as the owner of the forum Richard deserves a little more respect. He has the repect and support of the founder of the forum and isn't a stranger but has been investing in it for quite a while.

Money doesn't command respect.

We don't have to bow , scrape and feel beholden just because Richard had the money to buy the Forum. He happened to be in the right place at the right time for him and mad a business investment.

I'm sorry but I am under no illusion that if Richard had not felt this was a good business opportunity he would not have bought it.

Ripeberry
28-08-2012, 08:06 AM
All I can is that Richard may have bitten off more than he can chew. But yes everyone needs to calm down and work together. What would new members think of our forum if we are all fighting.
This forum is for childminding not for personal attacks on anyone! And I would like to say 'Well done' to Richard for explaining himself.
That's my two pennies worth :cool:

rickysmiths
28-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Big hugs Ziggy:group hug: So sorry to hear of your loss.

sue m
28-08-2012, 08:10 AM
So sorry to hear about your Dad Ziggy. Massive hugs from me too.

Sue xx

Gherkin
28-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Sarcasm in person is easier to take as you can see someones facial expressions and body language. Sarcasm in text generally just upsets people.

It is said by some experts that up to 80% of communication comes via body language which is why so many issues, misunderstandings arise from written communication.

Think everyone needs to take a breath. We all appreciate that the forum takes a lot of work, time and money to run. However we also expect to have freedom of speech - UK law is not a dictatorship yet. If someone was properly abusing the new owner in a post I would expect that post to be removed with an explaination rather than the whole thread being wiped away.

Unfortunatly the responses from both sides are leading to exactly that - people taking sides and that really isn't what the forum should be about.

Think we should lose the sarcasm and that everyone needs to think before they post.

Daftbat
28-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Was that a necessary remark :rolleyes:

I think it is this kind of reaction she is talking about Richard, sorry but it is behaving like a spoilt kid who hasn't got their own way and is boasting about their admiration society. I know you have perhaps got to get to know us all a bit but I hate to say this, you are an adult to and to command respect you need to show it.

As others have said it was a massive shock to hear Pauline had sold the Forum and it was very sudden. Many of us understand why she has done this and respect her for it. Unfortunately the biggest shock of all for a lot of us was that it was you that bought. Especially as you had not long before stomped off the Forum in a bit of a huff over and incident with a member on here. I'm not going into the rights and wrongs of that but to all of us left behind in your wake it did feel a bit like a temper tantrum. You appeared to have left the Forum for good, your name was deleted from the membership list and that was that.

Then suddenly you pop up as the owner!!!

I think you have actually got a long way to go to earn the respect of a lot of us. You also have a very hard act to follow in Pauline and Graham.

You have not demonstrated this in the last 24 hours, I don't think and to lose two very experienced and very valuable members of this sight and I fear more is so so sad.

I don't see anything wrong in a member saying goodbye, in fact quite a lot do when they go on holiday or leave childminding but they of course come back from holiday but they know their absence would be noticed and we worry if we haven't heard from someone in a while because we care about them. It is also good to see ex minders who were active members pop on from time to time telling us what they are doing.

I have met Penny several time and I have known BlueBoy for years you have lost in them to very faithful supporters.

I completely agree Rickysmiths. I have been a member of this forum for about four years and it has been a very valuable tool for my childminding business. It has also been somewhere that I can have a smile about silly threads where we let off steam, have a laugh etc.

As childminders we have often given eachother advice about dealing with situations and I can tell you one thing for certain - if the words Richard is using had come out of the mouth of one of our mindees parents then we would ALL without question have advised the childminder to think carefully about continuing to care for the child unless the parent was willing to accept that they were out of line.

Well, Richard, I have never met you but I don't like what I am hearing. I have no problems with changing logos, advertising or anything else which relates to the actual running of the forum but I would always expect the owner of a forum to set the trend where behaviour is concerned. Otherwise how on earth can you hope to command ANY repsect at all. Lead by example is my motto.

PixiePetal
28-08-2012, 08:17 AM
I was on the forum at the time of all the commotion yesterday and was really upset at what was going on - I really want to stay with the forum as it has been an amazing place to chat, find out information and get support.

I understand fully Pauline and Grahams reasons for selling and will support Richard but find some comments childish and cutting. I expect more respect - which goes both ways.

If Penny had not said goodbye there would have been threads asking 'are you OK Penny?' as that's the sort of friendship we have got here. The reply seemed rather snappy - as I am always aware you cannot tell a tone of voice in a message so people need to be extra careful how it comes across (and this goes for some CMs too :rolleyes:)

I hope it all settles and we can move forward

BucksCM
28-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Oh my goodness, I think I missed it all!

Without knowing the FULL facts it is hard for any of us to comment, however if what Richard is saying is true then I think it is acceptable to delete the offending posts. Perhaps there could have been some notification that this action would be taken, but hindsight is a great thing!

Prior to my life as a childminder I worked as a computer programmer (going slightly off tangent here!) and almost all of the time that I was working on a new computer system, or changes to the original one, the users of the system met me with reluctance and DID NOT want the change to happen at all! People generally are against change - until they realise that actually it isn't so bad after all! Hopefully this is a case of this.

Other than the millions (slight exaggeration) of posts on here saying that the forum will change under the new owners, and the posts attacking the new owners, and the people leaving threads, and the new logo (which by the way was announced on here, so it seems that you can't do right for doing wrong!?), I don't actually see many changes - it still feels like the same forum to me - IF you are able to ignore all of those things I mentioned!

I think everyone needs to blooming well calm down, and try to get on with what this forum is all about - childminding! Being there for each other, supporting each other, helping each other, offering advise and constructive criticism and differing opinions in a polite and respectful way! And long may it continue!

I must have missed this then...please could you show me where is was?

rickysmiths
28-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I must have missed this then...please could you show me where is was?

I missed that as well!

karensmart4
28-08-2012, 08:41 AM
I would just like to add my thoughts... I didn't see the posts so cannot respond to them but agree with others that a warning should be given before deleting a post.. or posts, but the original post should not be deleted unless it is malicious or hurtful.

Sometimes the written word can come across as harsh or be misinterpreted, and we should ask for clarification before we take offence....

I personally don't like people brandying about money.... I've got money so you should respect me, gains no respect from me!!!

No-one likes change, they get comfortable with the way things are.. but change happens.... look at the EYFS, Facebook and may other things, we fight against it because we don't want things to be 'different' we like things the way they are :blush:

This forum is a godsend, it's head and shoulders way better than any other forum of it's kind (iukwim) and I would hate to be without it.

Please Richard calm down, think before you say or do anything :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
28-08-2012, 08:58 AM
I missed the logo post too and I am on here every day :rolleyes: where was it?

Rubybubbles
28-08-2012, 09:06 AM
sigh:(

I have been a member for 5 years and feeling very low reading all these posts! I love it on here as I have met lovely friends, gained so much knowledge (well try and blag it anyway) and most of all if I am not sure what to surf, I always end up on here, please lets stay nice or my ebay buying will hit the roof:laughing:

aly
28-08-2012, 09:10 AM
You say you don't want to talk money but that's all you have mentioned.

You are not the only one to run forums, I have and so has my partner, actually he is part of one right now where there are more members than on here.

What people have said is rather than throwing your rattle out and deleting threads you do not like why not speak to that person, or you replies to me on penny's thread but deleted it straightaway without me seeing it.

If you want respect Richard you have to earn it as you are an outsider. As Pauline was/is a respected member owner she wouldn't have taken crap, but would have spoken to us. As you need to fill her boots you need to run it like her until everyone can trust and respect you .

Can't you see that people are scared by you taking over? You say no changes but have (or will) change logo, taken off forum friends, without consulting.

You have lost valuable members of this forum and its a shame.

aly
28-08-2012, 09:11 AM
I missed the logo post too and I am on here every day :rolleyes: where was it?

It was on Facebook, but I mentioned it on here and it was deleted..

francinejayne
28-08-2012, 09:15 AM
I missed that as well!

here... http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=107314

Sarah pointed it out to us!

nannysue
28-08-2012, 09:16 AM
So sorry to hear your news Ziggy , sending you a hug and lots of love xxx

BucksCM
28-08-2012, 09:16 AM
It was on Facebook, but I mentioned it on here and it was deleted..

That will explain why we didn't see it then!
Why was it deleted if it was telling us something about the forum?
What the hell is going on around here!:angry:

Bear23
28-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Richard,

how about we delete this thread too, and the leaving ones... and if we/ anyone has a problem they can just email you direct???

Reading some comments on here are starting to get on my nerves, why some people can not just drop it.

And my next suggestion, instead of putting threads up on here asking you questions about childcare.co.uk can they not just ask you through that site? or email you direct?
If we have issues with childcare.co we can still put threads up about it. but threads starting @hi richard i have a problem with childcare etc, is just asking for a row in my opinion.

i say you delete them all and lets get back to normal, if some members wanna winge let them get on with it on other sites

Mummits
28-08-2012, 09:28 AM
I don't especially care who owns the forum. For me it's still a useful place to share ideas and have a bit of a chat.

I didn't see any of the threads yesterday. But...I used to put the odd post on both Netmums and Mumsnet, and then get irrationally wound up because time after time whole threads would disappear when someone else posted something objectionable after me. I get that you can't leave flagrant insults or personal attacks for all to see, but why delete a whole thread? Why not just say something like "This post hidden as it breaches editorial policy", then at least everybody else's views get seen. Also, in my view, on any forum if you post your view, you have to expect others to disagree, and anyone coming along later can weigh up the points on both sides and form their own view. If you delete posts just because you disagree with them, people will stop saying what they think or stop posting altogether.

aly
28-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Richard,

how about we delete this thread too, and the leaving ones... and if we/ anyone has a problem they can just email you direct???

Reading some comments on here are starting to get on my nerves, why some people can not just drop it.

And my next suggestion, instead of putting threads up on here asking you questions about childcare.co.uk can they not just ask you through that site? or email you direct?
If we have issues with childcare.co we can still put threads up about it. but threads starting @hi richard i have a problem with childcare etc, is just asking for a row in my opinion.

i say you delete them all and lets get back to normal, if some members wanna winge let them get on with it on other sites
Bear I have read your replies and if you are bored with reading them why are you opening those posts?.....if I see threads that IM not interested in then I don't open them.

We can post our grudges etc should we wish as its a forum, alright they may not be In the right area of the forum but they can be moved to correct area without a fuss.

There are other cm Non related threads so should we delete them just because they are not cm related? That's why Pauline put those areas up so we can air off without going elsewhere, and for you to say what we can or can't put is wrong and not your decision.

rickysmiths
28-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Richard,

:huh: Why do the leaving threads need to be deleted? I don't understand?

I thought the whole reason for this forum was so we could express a thought? Not just about Childminding. I think if this thread is deleted as well a lot more people will be upset. To be honest Richard has been a little unkind to say the least to some members on here.

At least Richard has unlocked it because a little while ago I looked and the thread had been closed!!

~Chelle~
28-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Bear I have read your replies and if you are bored with reading them why are you opening those posts?.....if I see threads that IM not interested in then I don't open them.

We can post our grudges etc should we wish as its a forum, alright they may not be In the right area of the forum but they can be moved to correct area without a fuss.

There are other cm Non related threads so should we delete them just because they are not cm related? That's why Pauline put those areas up so we can air off without going elsewhere, and for you to say what we can or can't put is wrong and not your decision.

Everyone is entitled to THEIR opinions and if you keep deleting threads, then people are not having their say.

If you don't like it, don't read it.......simples!:D

rickysmiths
28-08-2012, 09:43 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jods
28-08-2012, 09:50 AM
I am sitting on the fence with the whole Richard/Pauline/Forum thing, and as a relative newbie I don't know key members at all.

My point to people leaving, as a mod on another forum, then you have to be as harsh as it sounds clinical, as emotion cant factor.............

my opinion on people leaving - sad but goodbye and all the best for the future x

VINASOL
28-08-2012, 09:54 AM
You say you don't want to talk money but that's all you have mentioned.

And now trying to sell the Forum!

I don't think we should talk money in this thread but if you are seriously interested please PM me your offer.

I would consider selling it for what I paid for it plus the legal fees and other costs associated in buying it.

Have a nice day.

rickysmiths
28-08-2012, 09:56 AM
And now trying to sell the Forum!

:laughing::laughing::clapping::laughing:

sophia36
28-08-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm am relatively new to this forum and have found it an invaluble source of information as well as support.

It makes me feel really sad that people are bickering. Let's not let it turn into a bitchy, snipey and 'my opinion is better than anyone else's' kind of place like another well known website that delights in ripping people to shreds.

It's such a fabulous resource and one I couldn't do without.

I also think it's pretty easy to say things on here that maybe you wouldn't say to someones face. A healthy debate is great but shouldn't degenerate into personal attacks.

Cazz
28-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm not going to get drawn into all of this but I can see why long term and loyal members are upset by some comments being made.

I just wanted to say that late last night I posted two seperate threads asking for help with the new EYFS and I've just logged on to see that I've already received some helpful advice from members.

This is what I want from this forum and why I come here. I hope that everyone can calm down, remain as members and continue to support and help each other.

I also enjoy the threads where we have fun and can take the mickey out of each other knowing that it's just for fun. I really feel I know lots of you although we've never met in person and would count you as friends.

I've been through a pretty awful time since last September and the support and kindness I received on here will NEVER be forgotten. Things are still not good for me which is why I want to be able to come on here and 'chill'.

We're all obviously having to get used to the forum changes (and I'm not good with change at the best of times!) but I'm hoping that things will get back to normal on here soon.

I also feel for Pauline and Graham who must be reading these threads and feeling very sad at what is happening with the forum they've created to help us all and have always worked so hard for.

Sorry this ended up being a bit long!

Best wishes to everyone and big (((hugs))) xx

Mookins
28-08-2012, 11:57 AM
hugs to ziggy...now whos for a cuppa :thumbsup:

xx

rickysmiths
28-08-2012, 11:58 AM
hugs to ziggy...now whos for a cuppa :thumbsup:

xx

Sitting eating a love bit of hot Quiche. Cuppa in a min. :D

Pauline
28-08-2012, 11:58 AM
I thought the whole reason for this forum was so we could express a thought? Not just about Childminding. I think if this thread is deleted as well a lot more people will be upset. To be honest Richard has been a little unkind to say the least to some members on here.

Yes you can express thoughts but I think I would have done the same had I come on the forum and found negative and unkind comments written about me. Wouldn't we all reach for the delete button to take them away when we suddenly feel hurt and upset? yes in hindsight maybe it was a knee jerk reaction but that is what we do as human beings when we feel under threat.:( The thread was not taken off because Penny said she was leaving.

In fact Penny herself said in her original post that she intends to edit comments and even prevent comments from showing on her blog, so even she condones the very actions that happened in her thread. I quote here from her original post, highlighting in red the part I mean:

As an ex LA colleague said to me recently - 'Penny you have found a method to have freedom of speech' - and indeed I have because it is my blog and I moderate not only my comments but also the comments made by others.

I think the subject has been covered now until we are going around in circles, I told Richard I would be happy to moderate here for him and I still have the 'close threads' button, so I assume it is ok for me to use it. A few months ago that is exactly what I would have done, so I will do it now.

I'm with Ziggy, there are far more important things in life to worry about and I am so sorry for your loss Ziggy. xx

Enough said, let's move on. :)

Someone mentioned drawing a line under it all so here it is:

__________________________________________________ ___________

Actually closing the owners own thread feels rather naughty but I am going to do it anyway. :)