PDA

View Full Version : Poxy government gateway

Gherkin
15-06-2008, 05:26 AM
Was up at 5 this morning to login to self assessment online and finally tackle it - apparantly it is not recognising me even though I have my user id and activation pin, forgot my password-and went through all the paraphanalia (?) to get that sorted for it to tell me that I do not exist yet all my stuff is in date. :angry:

nell57
15-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Morning Clare

I've tried to use the government gateway thing a couple of times as well with no success, for claiming tax credits and things like that. I've given up and gone back to the equally frustrating phoning and filling in forms by hand:rolleyes:

I took part in ofsteds pilot scheme, doing self assessment form on line, that uses gateway. When i did it in March they closed it down until summer, so will be interesting to see if i can open it up again when it becomes live in July. I made sure I recorded every detail I need to do it but we'll see:D

Helen

sarah707
15-06-2008, 07:57 AM
I've never had any success in the past either ...

I always use the paper format - much less frustrating in the long run :(

FizzysFriends
15-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Have they disabled it? I know they have the tax credits one because they couldn't stop the large amounts of fraud happening.

I was going to do mine this week. Must do tax credits too.

Gherkin
15-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Have spoken to the help desk and they locked my account because I had done something wrong in log in. Am going to try again in a minute.

son77
15-06-2008, 12:20 PM
I had this, didn't recognise me etc etc then a couple of weeks & loads of trying later I realised that I was typing in the wrong code, I was typing I instead of 1!! Silly me :blush:

So my lesson learnt is to really check the letters & numbers!