PDA

View Full Version : Learning Journey - start a new one?

Cazz
27-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I have a little girl starting with me in September who is currently with another childminder (a friend) who will not have a space for her after the summer holidays.

Should I start a new learning journey for her (but obviously ask to look at the current one to get starting points etc) or do I have to continue with the current one?

I know the other childminder does her learning journeys differently to me and with the new EYFS in September would it just be easier for me to start a new one or would Ofsted frown on this?

Also, there is a possibility that the other childminder will still be having this little girl in the school holidays along with her siblings as I don't have space in the holidays for all three of them (although waiting for parents to let me know about this), so would it be better if the current childminder kept her learning journey to add to during the holidays if this is the case?

I'm due an Ofsted inspection in March so I want to make sure I do whichever will keep the inspector happiest!

Kiddleywinks
27-08-2012, 11:08 PM
I would be starting my own LJ for her, but could you ask if other minder could do you a 'transition assessment' type thing so you know where lo's at iygwim, and then put that in the front as it then shows you in a good light for working with other settings :thumbsup:

Another thought, you could 'carry on' but with your own method for the revised EYFS and that would also show working with other settings

blue bear
28-08-2012, 07:30 AM
I usually photo copy a few pages from other lj plus latest summary assessment and put them in my lj along with x likes form and then go from there.
When ere are two of us involved in child's care we both do a separate lj but give each other copies of anything we feel appropriate.

Cazz
28-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Thank you both for the replies. I have a transition form that I think I will ask the other childminder to complete and put that in the new LJ - as you say it will show evidence of working with other settings :thumbsup: