PDA

View Full Version : moshi monsters

loocyloo
27-08-2012, 08:12 PM
i know moshi monsters have been around a while, but this weekend my children became addicted & obsessed! all, 'cos DD got a free 24hr membership with a magazine. ds woke her up early today, so they got as much use out of it as possible !!!

i was working in the same area as them, and i have to say, it seems pretty good! ( i read all the parent info etc before they signed up ) amazingly, they also seemed to be able to work together without fighting :clapping:

i am about to start 2 new schoolies and i wondered about, with ALL the mindees choosing a monster etc and then paying a membership for THAT monster, to be the monster for my setting??? * ( i am not paying a membership for both my children to have their own seperate monsters,when actually, they won't have much time to do it! ) then, maybe the schoolies could go on together afterschool, i was thinking i could make it the 'activity' one particular afternoon of the week, so they are not wanting to be on it all the time! i am going to have to discuss it with new schoolies mum, as i'm not sure she will be that keen, but as a group activity and limited, i think it might be good. i have already told my children that they are not to talk to anyone.

what does anyone think? anyone else do the same or for another game? my friends children used to be into club penguin...does that still exsist?

anything else i need to think about? i guess a seperate permission form! although i don't have one for my LO to use cbeebies!

thanks xxx

*edited to say, ooo, just wondered then, about seeing if i could get a cuddly version and have that as the travelling 'bear'??? !!!! ( i have a monkey currently, but he doesn't go very far! )

aly
27-08-2012, 08:26 PM
my boys like them but theyve moved over to bin weevils, which is more or less the same but i think a bit older.
my dd is into mm now though, her name is poppy so has taken Poppet as her name now.

gegele
27-08-2012, 08:36 PM
you can adopt one for free. you look after it, feed him every day, do some jobs at ice cream parlour to get rocks... you don't have to have a menbership to have a monster. DD has one and i had to help her at first:o

linda2girls
27-08-2012, 08:51 PM
My only concern would be internet safety, they will receive 'friend' requests.

Linda.

aly
27-08-2012, 09:04 PM
that is true linda, but I keep an eye on all messages out and incoming.

loocyloo
28-08-2012, 07:44 AM
that is true linda, but I keep an eye on all messages out and incoming.

thats what i intend to do and have been doing and they have been/will be told that there are to be no messages out and no responding to messages in!

i know there is a bit to do without being a member, which is what my children have been doing, but i thought that maybe, as time goes on, if they do get interested, i could get the membership so that they can explore/do more!

thank you everyone xxx

eurgh! bin weevils sound horrible! i do think the moshi monsters are quite cute!