PDA

View Full Version : Assistant help......

kellyb
27-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Hi everyone

Hope you've all had a wonderful bank holiday weekend

I'm in need of some advice

I'm interested in potentially taking on an assistant and don't have the first clue how I go about it, what I / we would be able to increase our numbers too etc

Anyone that has an assistant I'd be very grateful of any advice, tips, pointers in the right direction etc

Many thanks in advance

kellyb
28-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Anyone any advice at all would be amazing!

sarah707
28-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Have a look through the Ofsted advice about assistants... there is a copy in free downloads.

Then go through the EYFS 2012 and search every time assistants / staff are mentioned.

That will give you your starting points...

I will pop your thread in the assistants area of the forum which is also full of useful information :D

kellyb
28-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Have a look through the Ofsted advice about assistants... there is a copy in free downloads.

Then go through the EYFS 2012 and search every time assistants / staff are mentioned.

That will give you your starting points...

I will pop your thread in the assistants area of the forum which is also full of useful information :D

Thanks Sarah : )

Chatterbox Childcare
28-08-2012, 06:57 PM
When I looked at employing an assistant I sat down and decided how many I wanted (two part timers or one full timer?), what would happen if one of sick or on holiday? could I cover the absence?

Then I advertised on my local EY website, interviewed and got set up... didn't go any further as my DH registered :)

kellyb
29-08-2012, 07:34 AM
When I looked at employing an assistant I sat down and decided how many I wanted (two part timers or one full timer?), what would happen if one of sick or on holiday? could I cover the absence?

Then I advertised on my local EY website, interviewed and got set up... didn't go any further as my DH registered :)

One of my minded children's mum has her own therapy business that is mainly evenings &weekends and we've talked about her coming to work for part time maybe just between 9&3, so we would be able to take on another 3 under 5's?? I get a lot of people just wanting 9-3... Need to work out if it would be beneficial..

Also what are you able to increase your numbers to?

Someone mentioned all sorts of fees you have to pay etc...