27-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Can I ask why my previous thread has been deleted without notification:angry:
you are not allowed an opinion now i GUESS/

PixiePetal
27-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I was going to ask the same? was going to reply

Bear23
27-08-2012, 07:35 PM
This is getting like net mums, why can't this be sorted out behind the scenes?

personally i can not be doing with all these posts, can';t you email richard himself????

Chatterbox Childcare
27-08-2012, 07:38 PM
I think that the forum was made for people to share opinions. We all have disagreements but we all respected each others opinions.

If posts are going to be deleted just because someone doesn't like a comment that I think that is very childish.

Please sort this out before there is a mass exodus from the forum, along with the knowledge and friendliness...

Twinkles
27-08-2012, 07:43 PM
This is getting like net mums, why can't this be sorted out behind the scenes?

personally i can not be doing with all these posts, can';t you email richard himself????

I feel people should be made aware of the censoring that is taking place.

Bear23
27-08-2012, 07:49 PM
I feel people should be made aware of the censoring that is taking place.

eh???

look this is a forum, a childminding one, if we don't like the owners its tough, alyho i can not see a problem with it.

if richard is deleting threads that have nothing to do with childminding then so what????

issues with him should be took with him in private, while the rest of us can learn about the new eyfs, instead of looking at arguements.

personally i'd like to go back to looking at threads about mobile phones, not silly grievences, that should be directed to mods, not displayed on public boards

EmmaReed84
27-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Oh what did I miss?

Blue Boy
27-08-2012, 08:05 PM
eh???

look this is a forum, a childminding one, if we don't like the owners its tough, alyho i can not see a problem with it.

if richard is deleting threads that have nothing to do with childminding then so what????

issues with him should be took with him in private, while the rest of us can learn about the new eyfs, instead of looking at arguements.

personally i'd like to go back to looking at threads about mobile phones, not silly grievences, that should be directed to mods, not displayed on public boards

I agree that it is a shame that this is happening to the forum. My concern is that if someone puts a thread on how do they know that it will stay. In the past if a thread was going to be deleted the author was notified out of common decency, this is not now happening.

Bear23
27-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I agree that it is a shame that this is happening to the forum. My concern is that if someone puts a thread on how do they know that it will stay. In the past if a thread was going to be deleted the author was notified out of common decency, this is not now happening.

maybe would have been better to ask him in person ??

all these threads are bad for the forum, as far as i can see its just us ruining it right now, with these posts... can you really blame hiom??

Twinkles
27-08-2012, 08:15 PM

all these threads are bad for the forum, as far as i can see its just us ruining it right now, with these posts... can you really blame hiom??

We used to be able to chat about whatever we liked. Whether it was to do with childminding or not.

~Chelle~
27-08-2012, 08:18 PM

Can you blame people??

Someone asked a question about the new logo and was told that it was being changed and it wasn't a crime! Despite the fact that we were told that no changes were being made and that people have brought forum merchandise, for the sole reason of people being able to recognise other forum members.

As far as I can see this DOES relate to the forum and was a perfectly innocent question!

As for getting answers, the only responses we get seem to be "I am sorry you are not happy" and that is it. There are never any proper responses in relation to people's questions.

LOOPYLISA
27-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Can you blame people??

Someone asked a question about the new logo and was told that it was being changed and it wasn't a crime! Despite the fact that we were told that no changes were being made and that people have brought forum merchandise, for the sole reason of people being able to recognise other forum members.

As far as I can see this DOES relate to the forum and was a perfectly innocent question!

As for getting answers, the only responses we get seem to be "I am sorry you are not happy" and that is it. There are never any proper responses in relation to people's questions.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bear23
27-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Can you blame people??

i wasn't referring to the new logo chelle, just the i'm leaving threads

~Chelle~
27-08-2012, 08:27 PM
i wasn't referring to the new logo chelle, just the i'm leaving threads

That was mentioned, along with other things, on the I am leaving threads.

Bear23
27-08-2012, 08:31 PM
That was mentioned, along with other things, on the I am leaving threads.

whatever, maybe best me leave too xx

lynnfi
27-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I find it so sad that Penny's I am leaving thread has been deleted!

Can't a member - and in this case a member who has been known to everybody - say goodbye and have a thread of answers without being censored?

I do not get it. Please Richard, could you explain?

I was reading though the thread and couldn't go to page 2 as it was being deleted as I was reading I guess.

linda2girls
27-08-2012, 09:06 PM
I don't understand why it was deleted either. People are asking for her advice, I think they would like to know that she is no longer posting on here.

Linda.

barbarella68
27-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Perhaps we should all leave :(

melco
27-08-2012, 09:11 PM
I don't understand why it was deleted either. I did not feel there was anything on there that anyone would take offence to.

Also people were asking penny to give email address or blog details so that they could keep in contact with her, how will that happen now that the posts have been deleted?

And I am sure that it helped penny reading all the nice comments and they have also gone. :(

lynnfi
27-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Penny, could you possibly tell us a quick word on what is actually happening, as we are all on this thread now (high number of reading) and really wonder?
Although I guess it might not be possible...

Lots of good wishes for you.

childminder54
27-08-2012, 09:16 PM
If this is our forum shouldnt we be able to vote if we wanted to keep the logo or change it I like the old one

angeldelight
27-08-2012, 09:17 PM
I don't think anyone should leave sob sob

Who will I chat with if you all go?

If anyone wants Penny's details then pm or email and I will pass them over to you

Hope you all stay I don't like being on my own :laughing:

Angel xx

blue bear
27-08-2012, 09:22 PM
If Richard is not answering the questions was it him who deleted them?

All seems a bit odd to me, why change the logo without announcing it to the forum members, why delete threads without advising the poster?

Is this another toys out of the pram scenario we appeared to have gotten over when someone posted about something he did not like before he bought the forum?
is it the sign of things to come or is it just a big misunderstanding that is getting blown out of proportion due to lack of response?

Blue Boy
27-08-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't think anyone should leave sob sob

Who will I chat with if you all go?

If anyone wants Penny's details then pm or email and I will pass them over to you

Hope you all stay I don't like being on my own :laughing:

Angel xx

Sorry Angel the damage is coming from within:panic:

kindredspirits
27-08-2012, 09:33 PM
gosh its gone all gustapo in here whilst i've been actually doing some work for a change! :rolleyes: who can give me all the gossip???? :cool:

Muffin
27-08-2012, 10:02 PM
I hope no one else leaves this forum. I value all the advice and differing opinions given by other members. I love this forum and don't want it to change.

scoobydoo1
27-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Oh dear I haven't been on here for a few days, why is Penny leaving, she will be really missed :crying:

Two Princesses
27-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I was going to post on Penny's thread to say she would be missed but thought I was looking in the wrong place
:blush:
How many posts/threads have been deleted then?

aly
27-08-2012, 10:35 PM
How many posts/threads have been deleted then?
quite a few.:rolleyes:

rickysmiths
27-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Can you blame people??

Hear, Hear!

rickysmiths
27-08-2012, 10:44 PM
I guess I'm guilty because I said I didn't like the FB logo. Sarah Posted a link to it.

Why was the logo changed and why wasn't it announced on here so we all knew? As BlueBoy had said surely just Polite to let Members know that a logo has been changed surely.

Sorry Angel I am on BlueBoys side. Common politeness isn't difficult. If Pauline, you or Sarah ever had a problem with something I posted you pmed me and told me. You didn't just delete me, that's just rude isn't it?

I loved this Forum because all sorts was discussed not just Childminding stuff. Silly threads sometimes for no reason just because. Like Angel's Sexy thread :laughing: I haven't seen anything like that since Pauline was on holiday and we had a party. The way things are going there won't be any more of those. :(

Childrenatheart
27-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Blimey - I totally missed all this. Sounds like all is not well at the heart of the forum. I've been a lurker for some time, posting only occasionally, as I found the volume the forum generated quite daunting, but having been off work following surgery I've had more time & enjoyed exploring & getting to know the format more. I love the informality & fun element & would be very upset to lose all this now I've found it.

angeldelight
27-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Blimey - I totally missed all this. Sounds like all is not well at the heart of the forum. I've been a lurker for some time, posting only occasionally, as I found the volume the forum generated quite daunting, but having been off work following surgery I've had more time & enjoyed exploring & getting to know the format more. I love the informality & fun element & would be very upset to lose all this now I've found it.

That will all remain and we will be having lots of fun,you must come to one of our parties soon :laughing:

I hope your feeling ok and your surgery went well?

Angel xxx

Childrenatheart
27-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks Angel
Yes I'm good. Had a hysterectomy in July for a severe prolapse but have spent the summer recuperating & supposedly updating paperwork... Back to work 5th September for a short week then properly the week after. It will feel very strange but I have missed the little ones & will be ready to go back

angeldelight
27-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks Angel
Yes I'm good. Had a hysterectomy in July for a severe prolapse but have spent the summer recuperating & supposedly updating paperwork... Back to work 5th September for a short week then properly the week after. It will feel very strange but I have missed the little ones & will be ready to go back

Oh glad to hear you are recovering.

Make the most of your time off you will soon be wondering where it went

Take care

Angel xx

Childrenatheart
27-08-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm wondering already lol

charleyfarley
28-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Flipping heck I go away for 2weeks and people leave :panic:

Hopefully everything can be explained and sorted out:thumbsup:

Please come back Penny and. Anyone else who may have left.

Carol. Xxx

Tazmin68
28-08-2012, 01:30 AM
Fine delete a reply if it was not appropriate but you should have left the original thread from penny. It was not abusive it was factual and some people might want to keep in contact with penny.
Be fair and respect members who might want to know how to keep in touch with a member who is leaving. there was no need to remove whole thread it is going to leave a bad impression on where the forum could be going in the future.