PDA

View Full Version : online courses

susi
27-08-2012, 09:10 AM
are there any online courses that can be done that will help me starting out please?

I am in France for a few more weeks than expected (waiting for money top arrive to move back and the person that is the middle man so to speak is on holiday!!!).

Anyway, i thought it might be helpful to do a course. I have the time to do it.

THank you (sorry for sooo many questions)

susi

bunyip
27-08-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm never too sure what advice to offer pre-reg enquirers. I'm not 100% sure if the required course is set as a national standard these days, or whether it depends upon the local authority where you'll be living. Everything seems to change so rapidly.

What I do know is that when I was going through the process, the LA used to have to approve the course and there have been three different versions between my initial enquiries and now. Phew!

The one everybody is talking about these days is CYPOP5 'Understanding how to set up a home-based childcare service'. I'm not sure if it's accepted nationally, or whether some LA's still have their own, different requirement.

NCMA (the National Childminders' Association) advertise this as an online course @£190 in their printed catalogue, but I don't yet see it on their website. You could email them to check. Website: www.*************

Hopefully someone else will be on this thread to give better, more definite advice than me.:thumbsup:

susi
27-08-2012, 12:42 PM
unfortunatly i have to be in the UK to recive paperwork with them. I wanted to do their food hygine course. Frustrating!! I will have to wait for that 1.

Thanks for the link, i have been reading my way through it :)

blue bear
27-08-2012, 02:18 PM
There is a very good food hygiene course on here I'm sure you could be getting on with.
Also check with your la where you are moving to, to see if you could down online child protection as they need to be la approved now.