PDA

View Full Version : Question for Accredited Childminders

miffy
26-08-2012, 04:45 PM
What do you put on contracts about payment - do you leave it as parent responsible or do you note that LA is paying some weeks and parent must pay balance of hours/remainder of weeks.

Not sure if I'm over complicating things but I need to do a new contract anyway so thought I'd see what others did.

Miffy xx

Carol M
26-08-2012, 06:18 PM
My contracts don't mention a thing about the funded hours.
When I invoice I state full hours on contract, less X HOURS FUNDED equals amount due.
Carol xx

funemnx
26-08-2012, 06:22 PM
I don't put anything on the contracts either - in Cambridgeshire we have a funding contract for each term anyway, which is just for funding, which the parent signs. On the invoice I make it clear which hours are funded and which they have to pay for :thumbsup:

lozzy23
26-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Same as CarolM and funemnx.:)

loocyloo
26-08-2012, 08:14 PM
i use a normal contract and on it state that 15hrs ( or however many ) a week, termtime only ( and state termdates ) are funded by LA and any hours over these, including late pick up fees :rolleyes: are payable by the parent.

i also have to have a LA/funding contract that is signed for the year.

Gherkin
26-08-2012, 10:54 PM
I am in Peterborough and we do not have any official paperwork in terms of a contract for the funded hours with the parents.

I have my normal paperwork with the parents which does not mention the funding and then when I invioce the parents on a monthly basis I do the same as above. Full amount and then show in the refunds area the funded hours.

littlebuds70
27-08-2012, 01:42 PM
I have been a childminder for 9 years but have just become accredited.What do you do about charging parents for training days if they are on their funded days as you can only claim funding for days you have the children?
In the past I have written a few paid training days into my contract as it benefits their child.
In answer to the post I will do as the above people thanks.