PDA

View Full Version : can i put down as expenses?

chels55
14-06-2008, 05:05 PM
I have bought a sideboard/cupboard to use to store toys for minding can i put the cost of this as an expense?

christine e
14-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Describe it as a toy storage cupboard and put it down. If it is used solely for childminding then it should not be a problem.

Christine

miffy
14-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Describe it as a toy storage cupboard and put it down. If it is used solely for childminding then it should not be a problem.

Christine

I agree :)

miffy xx

tulip0803
14-06-2008, 05:39 PM
I agree. Anything bought for the use of minding and not as general decoration can be claimed. And boy do we need storage:D

jaja
14-06-2008, 08:13 PM
I have never got enough storage!!!!!!!!!

Spangles
14-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I put a chest we bought for the lounge that matches our other furniture down as an expense because it's only got toys in it.

I wouldn't have bought it if not minding.

nannan
14-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I agree if it is for toys only then I would put it down as an expense

oakie dokie
15-06-2008, 08:09 AM
i bourght a 5" by 7" shed for outside storage, it is solely for childminding so i put it down as expences. i wouldnt need another shed if it wasnt for all the toys, prams, car seats and toys etc.

hazelx

crazybones
15-06-2008, 08:47 AM
I am having to buy another freezer so I can make up meals in advance as the new ones I am having from Sept will be staying for tea and I will be working a lot longer hours so wont have the time to do my own family's meals like I do now. The freezer wont be purely for childminding but is only needed because of childminding. I am not sure whether to claim 100% of it or not yet. I wouldnt have bought it otherwise so I suppose I can justify all of the cost.

Now the problem will be where to put it. :mad:

Monkey1
15-06-2008, 02:38 PM
I am having to buy another freezer so I can make up meals in advance as the new ones I am having from Sept will be staying for tea and I will be working a lot longer hours so wont have the time to do my own family's meals like I do now. The freezer wont be purely for childminding but is only needed because of childminding. I am not sure whether to claim 100% of it or not yet. I wouldnt have bought it otherwise so I suppose I can justify all of the cost.

I would put it through Annie!

buildingblocks
15-06-2008, 07:44 PM

I didn't think you could put things like this down I thought they were covered by the 10% we can take of for wear and tear (although that is not why you are buying I know). It will be interesting to know if you could as I need to buy another freezer as I have no room in mine for the childrens food that I freeze. I have a normal fridge freezer and am not sure whether to buy a chest freezer to store all the extra frozen stuff or by separate fridge and freezer either way I am only buying for all the extra storage I need in fridge and freezer.

I suppose if you are putting a percentage through it would be how much space you use for mindees food.

crazybones
15-06-2008, 08:09 PM
I am not sure what to do because I dont need another freezer at the moment as I dont provide tea and I only feed 1 mindee lunch but from Sept I will be providing 1 Breakfast, 2 lunches and 3 dinner/tea and without freezing in advance I will not keep up. Thats on top of the 5 of us. Also with this thing about keeping food receipts for the FSA I wanted to be able to keep on top of it all - hence the freezer. I could just put mindees food in it but I cant honestly say that if we have run out of frozen broccolli I wont use the stuff out of theirs.

deeb66
16-06-2008, 08:01 AM
When I purchase any item I ask myself a question.

'Would I have brought it if I wasn't minding?'

If the answer is no and I need it because of the minded children then I put it through my accounts if I would have probably brought it anyway then I don't.

However there are times when the answer would be 'maybe' and in this case then I claim 50% of the item back iyswim.

I have recently had to buy a new corner tv unit. Over the years the doors on my old unit had been broken off and I have never replaced them.

I am now looking after an 11 month old baby and as you can imagine he is in to everything!.

The other day I walked into the living room to find him playing with the dvd player.......needless to say I went straight out and purchased a new unit with doors on it.

Although I really needed a new one (as old one a bit battered) I had to buy one at that time due to the baby so I put the whole cost of it through my accounts.

crazybones
16-06-2008, 09:10 AM
You have made my mind up Dee. :thumbsup: Trouble is I have to loose my tumble dryer to the shed to fit the freezer in :mad: Mind you that might make me use it less and save money.

deeb66
16-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Glad that I helped Annie.

Shame you will have to loose the tumble dryer but at least we have good weather coming (we hope!) and you will be able to hang washing outside to dry.

On the up side......yes it will save you some money :thumbsup:

avril
16-06-2008, 02:02 PM

Mind someone doesn't turn it off like mine last week :laughing: :laughing: