PDA

View Full Version : Inspection

handeme
25-08-2012, 07:13 PM
A local childminder to me had an inspection last week.

The Ofsted inspector told her that due to the EYFS changing all childminders will be re inspected regardless of when your inspection is due. Has anyone else heard this?

x

cathtee
25-08-2012, 07:23 PM
:panic: no not heard of this, thought i had another 18 months :panic:

handeme
25-08-2012, 07:37 PM
She just said the inspector said
'I would normally say your next inspection will be due within the next 3 or 4 years but because of the new EYFS all childminders will be re inspected by random selection regardless of when your inspection is due'

I though I had at least another 2 years!!!!

jumpinjen
25-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Random selection means that a random handful of minders will be reinspected -when tribal and prospects took over, my friend was inspected just 18 months after her previous inspection but I wasn't, and I was inspected around the same time as her..... so don't panic everyone, a few people might be reinspected but tbh they have enough to catch up with - loads of minders round my way are waaaaaay overdue!;) Jen x

miffy
25-08-2012, 10:09 PM
OH NO!!!! I'm sure it's NOT my turn :panic::panic::panic:

Miffy xx

lorettacritchet
26-08-2012, 11:59 PM
I read a recent email from my local council saying Ofsted will first inspect any cm with satisfactory or poor gradings and then randomly pick others between september 2012 and 2016 regardless of when their next inspection is expected..mine isn't technically due until a year or two and now........OMG!!! I am in a mad dash to sort things out now and try and catch up.....gutted just more time I am going googled eyed on the laptop and missing time with my little girl :( ....still guess once this is done that's it for another few years anyway!

rickysmiths
27-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Well Michael Gove wrote to the Head of Ofsted and has said all Childminders registered before 1st Sept 2012 have got to be inspected before the end of Aug 2016!!!!

Those registered after 1st Sept 2012 will be inspected as soon as possible after that.

Well that sounds like the normal cycle to me. Typically they go to those with Satisfactory or less first but they find it hard to keep up with inspections anyway. They had a blitz in our area March 2011, loads had waited 4 years. Mine was overdue then and they missed me!! I wasn't done until Sept last year 4 years since the last time!

I don't think I am going to panic, unless they employ hoards of inspectors I can't see inspections being done any quicker and as they are trying to cut costs I can't see them doing that.

Tealady
27-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Ofsted state that you can expect to be inspected "at least once in a 46 month cycle" and as Rickysmiths said they then target certain criteria first rather than just follow the same order.

I was inspected a month into the last EYFS so Oct '08. Got a Satisfactory so totally expecting to be one of the first this time as it is nearly four years since my last inspection. Hopefully as it's not an entire change to the whole system and I actually got the training this time I will get the "Good" I feel I deserve.