PDA

View Full Version : I need a 'non-slip' table cloth. Any ideas?

Maza
25-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Afternoon all. I'm looking for a table cloth for my dining room table so that the LO's can do their crafts at the big dining room table, out of the reach of the one year old. I seem to have a very smooth, silky, slippery table and my current table cloths are actually a bit of a hazard when the kids lean on them to reach for something. They were fine on the little coffee table but the kids could easily lose their balance and topple off the higher dining chairs now. I need one with a rubber back or something. Do any of you have one and if so, where did you get it from? Many thanks. x

PixiePetal
25-08-2012, 03:14 PM
I have a strip of that non slip waffle stuff on a roll under my tablecloth - seems to do the trick. Not sure what it is called but hope you know what I mean - you can get it to put under rugs etc :o

or tablecloth clips? they don't fit on my table though :rolleyes:

mrs robbie williams
25-08-2012, 03:23 PM
i went to The Range and they sell plastic table coverings on rolls, you just tell them the measurements, mine is currently blue poka dots and cost me just over a fiver, its waterproof xx

cathtee
25-08-2012, 06:02 PM
I have a strip of that non slip waffle stuff on a roll under my tablecloth - seems to do the trick. Not sure what it is called but hope you know what I mean - you can get it to put under rugs etc :o

or tablecloth clips? they don't fit on my table though :rolleyes:

I know exactly what you mean, but don't know what it's called I got mine from a caravan shop and works very well, and on tea trays that ds uses

samsstars
25-08-2012, 08:02 PM
I like pixiepetal's idea, will have to get some of that for my tablecloth.
Thanks!

Maza
25-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks guys. I can't believe how difficult it is to find something as a solution! I thought I must be the only person in the world with this issue! xxx

PixiePetal
25-08-2012, 08:18 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grip-Slip-Matting-150cm-Caravans/dp/B004RALPNU/ref=sr_1_6?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1345925893&sr=1-6

like this? :)

Mouse
25-08-2012, 08:55 PM
I buy PVC tablecloth on a roll from Dunelm. It comes in some lovely children's patterns - pencils, cow print, grass! It's cheap & cheerful :thumbsup:

mrs robbie williams
26-08-2012, 06:23 AM
I buy PVC tablecloth on a roll from Dunelm. It comes in some lovely children's patterns - pencils, cow print, grass! It's cheap & cheerful :thumbsup:

thats what i meant :thumbsup:

gegele
26-08-2012, 06:38 AM

that's what i've got. :D

Greengrass74
26-08-2012, 07:18 AM

We too have the tablecloths from Dunelm, we have a couple and have folded the edges over and used Velcro, this makes them nice and tight and they dont slip when the LOs pull on them.

lynncjt
26-08-2012, 08:14 AM
We too have the tablecloths from Dunelm, we have a couple and have folded the edges over and used Velcro, this makes them nice and tight and they dont slip when the LOs pull on them.

Really like that idea! Will have to copy! Thanks.

NI MINDER
26-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Lol this is what I use - though I fold the corners in and sew into place - easy to take on and off but LO cant pull off table.

Bear23
26-08-2012, 08:40 AM

same :thumbsup:

Two Princesses
26-08-2012, 09:53 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grip-Slip-Matting-150cm-Caravans/dp/B004RALPNU/ref=sr_1_6?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1345925893&sr=1-6

I like this!! I have a waterproof table cloth from John Lewis (in the off cut section!) but it's slips off our glass table :rolleyes:
I'm going to have a look at this.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Maza
01-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Got some of this today and have to say it is FANTASTIC. Thank you. x:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Got some of this today and have to say it is FANTASTIC. Thank you. x:thumbsup:

glad it works for you :) I have a wooden table and fabric cloths with the gripper under for meals -then I put an old painty plastic one over the top for craft.

glad to be of help.:thumbsup: