PDA

View Full Version : Fri 13th and im NOT lucky..

chez1373
14-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi guys
I took the kids to the playbarn yesterday and i went to catch a falling child and ended up breaking my Toe and jarring my back..

Ive been to A&E and its broken owch also my back is in agony im not allowed to drive (not that i can with my toe) due to pain killers etc and im at work in the morning...

I have text mum to say she will have to find a way of getting the kiddies to me as i cant pick her up and take her to work (she wasnt happy)
But what can i do??

Do you think i should work at all?

crazybones
14-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Hopefully the painkillers will kick in and you will feel a bit better tomorrow but it depends whether you need to do much lifting or pram pushing as to whether you will be able to work.

Hope you feel better soon.

chez1373
14-06-2008, 05:04 PM
No Annie,
The mindees are 5 and 11 so no heavy lifting and as its farthers day we wont be goig out as ive got a big dinner to cook..
Prob very boring for the kids tomorrow but they are used to sundays as i always do a sunday dinner

Alibali
14-06-2008, 05:05 PM
That's freaky! We were at our local playbarn yesterday too, and one of the toddler group adults broke/sprained her ankle (haven't heard the outcome yet) The kids all seem to be ok though:)

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Ali x

chez1373
14-06-2008, 05:09 PM
That's freaky! We were at our local playbarn yesterday too, and one of the toddler group adults broke/sprained her ankle (haven't heard the outcome yet) The kids all seem to be ok though:)

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Ali x

WOW thats very freaky it happened round 1pm
My kiddies were fine i saved him lol sacrificed myself which i think we all would do if it was to save a child from harm.

Trouble
14-06-2008, 05:27 PM
if you felt like i did when i broke my second toe in youll be in agaony and you find getting around hard work so on that note i would of said maybe you need a couple of days to help it to heal

miffy
14-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Ouch sounds very painful

See how you feel tomorrow and if you're not up to work then cancel

Hope the pain killers are working for you

miffy xx

littletreasures
14-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Sorry to hear you are in so much pain?

Are you able to walk on it? I would say a couple of days off lying on the sofa with a good book is in order!!

littletreasures

tulip0803
14-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Ouch:( . I hope you feel better soon.

chez1373
14-06-2008, 05:39 PM
I cant wait till tomorrow as im at work tomorrow lol
Im hobbeling on it but its my back that is worrying me not my toe........
ill see how i go today/tonight but ive not cancelled a day yet so im sure ill be fine lol us ladys can cope through just about anything lol

jaja
14-06-2008, 07:42 PM
hope you feel better soon, xxxxxxx

Spangles
14-06-2008, 07:42 PM
You're a hero!!!!!

Albeit with a knackered back and broken toe!

Well done for saving the little one!

Hope the painkillers help you out and your injuries heal quickly.

I badly injured one of my toes once and was hobbling everywhere and remember it was such an effort! I was moving soooo slowly but I was tired out - and bored from going so slow! Hope you feel better soon - take it as easy as you can.

x

kindredspirits
14-06-2008, 08:05 PM
ouch!!! hope the painkillers kick in soon. well done for saving the LO :clapping:

miss muffit
14-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Poor you, hope you feel better soon and the painkillers are helping :)

Mollymop
14-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh poor you hunny! I hate the fact the parent "was not happy" I mean, she should be sympathetic!
I hope you are feeling better soon.

xxx

sarah707
14-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Feel better soon... and give yourself some tlc while you're feeling crap :D

carolinel
14-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Can't believe Parent's reaction! She's lucky to have a childminder who'll take her to work.

Hope you feel better soon!

mrsb
15-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Can't believe Parent's reaction! She's lucky to have a childminder who'll take her to work.

Hope you feel better soon!

That was my first thought too:eek: how ungrateful was she:(

Hope you're on the mend soon x

chez1373
15-06-2008, 07:16 PM
........UPDATE.........

Ok guys im on for a rant again
Mum said she would bring the kids today i thought in a taxi or bus but oh no mum rocks up this morning in a car SHE IS DRIVING IT i was gob smacked she has passed her test and found a car and not even been bothered to tell me... I wasnt happy at all but she was not happy with me for saying i couldnt drive im at a loss really i was she then said oh this is their last day today.....
I had given her notice and there is still 3 weeks to go but im not expecting any more money from her...
Its just the cheek of her...

crazybones
15-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Cheeky mare:eek: Good job you have given notice. Hope you do get your money though. :(

Lou
15-06-2008, 07:22 PM
What a cheek.

Make sure she knows she has to pay for next 3 weeks!!!!