He's just turned three, and has no idea

Mum took a week off work to start it and he's still no where near knowing

Any advice????

Bear23
25-08-2012, 11:24 AM
hmmmmmm he's piddling every where has no idea bless him

mum24
25-08-2012, 12:10 PM
just to say, I hope you get some replies...
I have the same problem a three and a half ydar old, no interest at all. Will even run around quite happily in a very dirty nappy.
I have discussed with parents giving an incentive such as a small sweet or chocolate button for a successfull wee or no 2 in the loo. Sweets usually given very rarely, so may help.
By the way, I don't use a potty, I find them too difficult to manage with three littleies running around, so have always taken mine to the toilet with a child seat and a step, so much more hygienic, but not as 'instant' as a potty.
I have been considering getting a potty though to see if that will work better this time.
I will have three potty training at the same time soon, as I have 2 x 2 year olds that parents are keen to get going :eek:
Please if anyone has a magic wand out there, can I borrow it?

loocyloo
25-08-2012, 12:37 PM
hmmmmmm he's piddling every where has no idea bless him

i'd go back to nappies! no point stressing yourself, mum & LO about it! if he has no idea/understanding, give it a few weeks & try again! maybe mum could introduce sitting on the potty when LO gets up in the morning and gets dressed and the same at bedtime. sometimes, it just takes 'catching' a wee for the penny to drop ( excsue the pun! ) if you want to, you could try sitting LO on the potty at nappy change time. not for long, just to get the idea planted! there are some good books about potty training - pirate petes potty is good, and we love 'i want my potty'! there is also the 'pants' book!

maybe some dolls & a dolls potty? my fisher price dolls house has a toilet in the bathroom and all the children love putting the little people on the toilet.

with an older child i have used sweets/choc buttons and with another who WAS trained, but lazy, we had a box of prizes for dry/clean pants at certain points during the day, leading to whole day in the same pair of pants!

another idea is pull ups, but with a proper pair of pants inside, so the child becomes aware of the wet/yucky feeling. the problem with nappies these days i sthat they are so good at absorbing everything the child doesn't know what it is like to be wet!

i do use a potty, but it is a chair potty, not a little one, as i find the LO prefer the chair! mine is permantly in the downstairs toilet and i encourage the LO to go by themselves asap. they tell me they are going/have been and i go and clean the potty! ( sometimes they yell for help, but i encourage independence in all areas! ;) )

Bear23
25-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys

Mums addamant she's not buying another nappy:rolleyes:

I mean't i'm toilet training, we're not using a potty.

Poor kid