PDA

View Full Version : ZzZZ's arrangements!

lorettacritchet
24-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Hi, I have a 2 year old starting with me soon who apparrently is still sleeping during the day. However because I have only had to deal with babies or children who don't need daily sleep, the travel cot has always been okay to use.

Can anyone suggest an appropriate bed/mattress which I can use for the boy? A bit concerned with what to use or even if putting bedding/soft mattress on the floor is okay? I use a small room for the kids to sleep and no child sleeps with another in the same room (luckily never had to worry about as they sleep at different times) so I have no space for a bunk bed or any other kind of guest bed.

muffins
25-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Do they nap in a bed at home or are they still in a cot? If still in cot I'd still use travel cot as long as they dont try to climb out! If not a mattress on the floor would b fine for short naps or maybe a ready bed type thing?

miffy
25-08-2012, 06:44 AM
My two year who sleeps still uses the travel cot. If you don't think that's safe then I'd look for a sleeping mat on the floor - perhaps one of those inflatable ones they use for camping.

Miffy xx

jumpinjen
25-08-2012, 06:48 AM
My friend uses thick padded cushions originally intended for dog beds! They are rectangular, about 2" thick and are teamed up with a cushion from the sofa and blankets. They sleep on the floor of the playroom with the curtains pulled and there are sometimes 2-3 asleep at the same time and she was graded outstanding for her provision, so on the floor is fine and so is 'alternative' mattress and bedding, as long as it can be laundered..... the children can't fall out of a bed on the floor either can they?! I know Dunelm do various thicknesses of foam pads - if you are handy with a sewing machine, or know someone who is, you could make a cover for it..... Jen x

caz3007
25-08-2012, 07:26 AM
My 2.5 year old still sleeps in a travel cot here, she is in a bed at home, but never stands up in the cot until I go in the room, so is fine

rickysmiths
25-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Mine all sleep at the same time after lunch. I have up to 4yr olds having sleeps.

I use travel cots (I have 4 of them), blow up ready beds both infant and junior and have had as young as a year old sleeping on them, an Ikea Sofa Bed in the playroom for the older ones though I have a two year old who sleeps on it because he is in a bed at home. Also lie flat buggies.

I have no problem sleeping 2 or 3 of them in the playroom at the same time, it does depend on the individuals though. I sleep children in travel cots in my living room or in one of the bedrooms upstairs, my whole house is registered so I have max flexibility.

I have included in my Permissions form all the places the children could sleep so a parent gives me permission to use which ever method I feel is suitable. I do discuss at the 1st interview with parents and then they fill out an 'All about Me Form' which includes sleeping I then keep talking to the parents and support them when children come out of a cot at home.

lorettacritchet
25-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Wow you are busy!!! Can I ask where do you get the lie flat buggies and the blow up beds, I have only seen the camping bed (more like just a duvet) things that lie flat on the floor. I have laminate flooring so someone lieing on the camping thing would lie on a hard and cold floor with little to be comfortable on.

Mine all sleep at the same time after lunch. I have up to 4yr olds having sleeps.

I use travel cots (I have 4 of them), blow up ready beds both infant and junior and have had as young as a year old sleeping on them, an Ikea Sofa Bed in the playroom for the older ones though I have a two year old who sleeps on it because he is in a bed at home. Also lie flat buggies.

I have no problem sleeping 2 or 3 of them in the playroom at the same time, it does depend on the individuals though. I sleep children in travel cots in my living room or in one of the bedrooms upstairs, my whole house is registered so I have max flexibility.

I have included in my Permissions form all the places the children could sleep so a parent gives me permission to use which ever method I feel is suitable. I do discuss at the 1st interview with parents and then they fill out an 'All about Me Form' which includes sleeping I then keep talking to the parents and support them when children come out of a cot at home.

Chatterbox Childcare
25-08-2012, 11:28 AM
I use three bedrooms for sleeping - all with travel cots and then they progress to my beds

rickysmiths
25-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Wow you are busy!!! Can I ask where do you get the lie flat buggies and the blow up beds, I have only seen the camping bed (more like just a duvet) things that lie flat on the floor. I have laminate flooring so someone lieing on the camping thing would lie on a hard and cold floor with little to be comfortable on.

Here is one for Ready Beds I have a Karndean Vinyl Floor and the Ready Beds work fine.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ready+beds+for+kids&rlz=1C1TEUA_enGB465GB465&aq=1&oq=Ready+Beds&sugexp=chrome,mod=6&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=ready+beds+for+kids&hl=en&rlz=1C1TEUA_enGB465GB465&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=aL04UO-oDcaShge_3IGoCA&ved=0CFQQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=b154c3cf4789c91c&biw=1366&bih=643

I have all Maclaren buggies and my single and double both go flat. Older models don't quite go flat.

I'm not that busy at present, though I will be come September, I have just acquired a variety of options over the 18yrs I have been working!

nikki thomson
25-08-2012, 01:43 PM
When they outgrew the travel cot they slept in my bed. X