PDA

View Full Version : milage

chels55
14-06-2008, 02:46 PM
how many miles per week do you drive?
I was really shocked as i only pick up at one nursery and one school per day been to park and library and it totals 42 miles

jaja
14-06-2008, 02:58 PM
well in a day i drive about 15 miles in total, to and from school, preschool and home, twice! it all adds up over time. xx

sarah707
14-06-2008, 03:05 PM
I hardly drive anywhere at the moment - the cost of petrol is so horrendous we walk as much as possible!

I keep telling myself it's good for me as I huff and puff up the hills :D

fionamal
14-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Im about 50 miles per week but trying to walk to more places and school run etc

Alibali
14-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Between 60 and 80 miles a week for me!! That's what I tell the tax man anyway:) No it really is by the time we do schools, nursery and toddlers soft play, trip to bank and shopping never mind courses and network groups. It all adds up pretty quickly. Ali xx

FizzysFriends
14-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I seem to be driving most of the time at the moment and im not even minding yet.

chez1373
14-06-2008, 04:41 PM
I do around 70/80 a week as i pick children up from their homes and drop them off again too...
Its not gonna last forever the fuel prices are killing me

manjay
14-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Not many for me as school runs are walkable. My shopping is delivered so can't claim for that. Even the library van comes to us. I am doing a 6 week contract collecting from the nursery in the next village but even that is only 12 miles a week.

crazybones
14-06-2008, 05:35 PM
:doh: I have never thought about claiming for going to get the shopping.

jaja
14-06-2008, 07:44 PM
:idea: can u claim for shopping being delivered? i have never heard of that one before :idea:

manjay
14-06-2008, 07:51 PM
:doh: I have never thought about claiming for going to get the shopping.

I feed all my mindees so if I were going to buy food for them I would claim for mileage. Same if I was going out to buy craft supplies or anything else to do with the mindees

I wouldn't claim the delivery charge as I buy all the families food at the same time. Although having said that I buy food this way after risk assessing and deciding that because of how far we live from a supermarket the safest way to get the food to my house is in the chiller/freezer of a van

crazybones
14-06-2008, 07:58 PM
I was only previously supplying snacks and lunch which I could carry on my pram so didnt think about it. From now on though I am going to be supplying breakfast and dinner so I have to do all my shopping by car as there will be so much more. I might charge half the delivery fee if I get it online now though.

christine e
01-07-2008, 06:49 AM
how many miles per week do you drive?
I was really shocked as i only pick up at one nursery and one school per day been to park and library and it totals 42 miles

Don't forget to include mileage to and from training events and include mileage for shopping. My mileage can sometimes be as high as 90 if I have been to a couple of training events during the week, also it is higher in the school holidays when we go on more outings

Cx