PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma!!

mumto2
24-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Have had an enquiry for a before/after school mindee. Not sure if I should take on. Cant put my finger on it, enquiry sounds v genuine, but wonder if its cos I've not done schoolies before!! How would I charge? slightly higher rate, cos at my current rate per hour, I wouldn't be making much!! Also being TTO do you charge for holidays? Slightly lower rate/retainer etc? Sorry, only done little 'uns before, and not 100% sure what I'm doing - this has kind've thrown me a bit!!!! Many thanks for any help/advice in advance xxxxx

jumpinjen
24-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Some people charge a session fee, regardless of the length they are with you before and after. Some charge an hourly rate but charge from when they leave home to get to school until they leave, and in the morning until they get home from school. Consider whether you are doing snacks only or child to bring own snack, or evening meal etc - work it out and decide if it's worth the hassle to you. Some people charge a half fee retainer in the hols to keep the place - is there anyone you can ask locally to see what is generally done around your way?

Jen x

rickysmiths
25-08-2012, 08:48 AM
I used to charge my hourly rate and half fee for holidays. Over the last 3 years I have people winge about paying for the holidays.

What I do now I workout their weekly fee and x 39

I then half the weekly fee and x 13

I then add the two figures together and divide by 39 to get their weekly fee which they pay during the term time only but it is also paying for half fees during the holidays and they don't realise this!!

If they then want ad hoc holiday care they have to fill in a booking form four weeks before they need the care and pay for it. If they don't use the booked time they lose their money.