PDA

View Full Version : cupboard locks!!

kindredspirits
14-06-2008, 10:01 AM
what cupboard locks does everyone have in their kitchen?? i only ask as we've got the usual push back inside locks and my 16 month old son has just figured them out!! :laughing: he's just walked into the lounge with my wok and i went to investigate the cupboard and found an egg cup in the blender!! :D
so need some new ones now
x

breezy
14-06-2008, 10:12 AM
I have those, but a proper lock on under sink cupboard just in case!

FizzysFriends
14-06-2008, 10:13 AM
I read another post this morning and someone (sorry can't remember who) was saying the mag locks from boots are really good. Might be worth a search for the post or a look on Boots website

Annie_T
14-06-2008, 12:18 PM
i ahve same ones tho none of my kids managed work it out how open the cupboard/lock

can i ask a question now please lol - cheeky i know

what about draws tho? as i yet to do mine as i have 4 draws unit thing and got child proof them i guess, tho nothing serious in them bt it better tto be safe than sorry

deeb66
14-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I use the mag locks and have found them the best.

You can get them from Boots but I got mine from ebay.

kindredspirits
14-06-2008, 01:00 PM
you can get drawer latches - just check they're right for your type of drawers before you get them! lol i bought some screw in ones for my kitchen drawers,. went to fit them and discovered that they we're made of metal.

jaja
14-06-2008, 02:40 PM
my dd figurered them out, but when i asked ofsted about them i was told if the children dont have acess then you dont need them!!! i wish they would decide what they really want us to have!!!! lol

christine e
14-06-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't use them just make sure everything harmful or that I don't wish them to get to is out of reach in the top cupboards.

No one has ever commented on this
Cx

chez1373
14-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Hi i dont use locks in my kitchen but i do have a back place where my fridge washer/dryer etc is kept this is where i put all my toxic things and this has a lock on the door

manjay
14-06-2008, 05:30 PM
I use the magnetic locks and would highly recommend. Mine were from boots.
Don't have them on all the cupboards and tbh none of my mindees have ever gone in them. I use them for undersink cupboard, cutlery drawer and to keep my ds out of the goody cupboard:D

Donkey
15-06-2008, 09:22 PM
the boots ones are great.........

so long as you never want to get into that cupboard again!!!

I have real difficulty getting back in, oh and watch your depth when your drilling, I nearly went straight through! :blush:

mummyof3
15-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Am I right in thinking that having a stair gate to stop the children getting into the kitchen would be enough for ofsted?

I am about to rip out my old kitchen and make way for a new one and I would rather not have locks on every cupboard. I will make sure the knives, cleaning products etc are all high up but they wouldn't be allowed into the kitchen without me anyway.

buildingblocks
17-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Am I right in thinking that having a stair gate to stop the children getting into the kitchen would be enough for ofsted?

I am about to rip out my old kitchen and make way for a new one and I would rather not have locks on every cupboard. I will make sure the knives, cleaning products etc are all high up but they wouldn't be allowed into the kitchen without me anyway.

yes that is what i have for that reason