PDA

View Full Version : car insurance

Anna13
24-08-2012, 03:17 PM
hi im new to childminding and i was wondering what car insurane do i have to have . i think it class 4 but could some one confirm

aly
24-08-2012, 04:27 PM
No you just need normal insurance with business use, dont let the insurance try to bully you into a different class to what you need as business use is sufficient

funemnx
24-08-2012, 05:47 PM
I've just got business use - some company's charge to have it added but some don't so shop around :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
24-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Please don't let NCMA BluFin persuade you they are the only company that provide the cover you need. They are not!

I am currently with Tesco. :thumbsup:

aly
24-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Please don't let NCMA BluFin persuade you they are the only company that provide the cover you need. They are not!

I am currently with Tesco. :thumbsup:
exactly,

im with directline i think :idea:

Tazmin68
27-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Im with aviva which funnily enough was who were the under writers for blue fin.

Chatterbox Childcare
27-08-2012, 02:41 PM
You need class 2 business use and I am with Churchill

Monkey26
27-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I was with Aviva through Bluefin for three years until I got my renewal the other week and I thought brill it's gone down again I'll ring them up to check a few details... Good job I did 'cos the renewal wasn't through Aviva it was through someone else who didn't cover the car seats and something else which I now can't remember but was important to me at the time! when I asked them to quote me again with all my extra bits and with Aviva it went back up by another £200!!!

So I did some shopping around and am now with Direct Line, my policy with them is practically identical to what Bluefin/Aviva offered me except for the compulsory excess is more but considering I was quote over £700 by Bluefin/Aviva and just slightly over £300 by Direct Line I went with the later :thumbsup:

(I have points, am under 30 and drive an 8 seater if you are wondering why I pay so much on insurance!!)