PDA

View Full Version : Cross....no I'm fuming actually!!

JCrakers
24-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Im in the middle of becoming accredited so I've had a few visits from the EY team. My paperwork is good but I'm not using the correct forms :rolleyes: so there's a link on their EY page with all the forms they want me to use

I'm happy just doing what I do but no,no,no, that's not good enough.I'm surprised I've got the correct blood type.. :mad:

So the new EY comes into force in a matter of days...do they have the new forms covering the areas? No of course they don't
They still have the old ones online.

I would love to use the ones on here but they won't allow me.
I'm fuming. How am I supposed to get myself sorted for a new baby starting on 3rd sept

The Juggler
24-08-2012, 09:28 AM
that is ridiculous honey. :panic: I am :angry::angry: for you.

surely you don't have to use their forms for anyone except those you are funding though.

Can you use your forms for baby?

bunyip
24-08-2012, 09:34 AM
You know, I'd be really tempted to report your EY team to Ofsted, if they're putting you under pressure to use their forms which don't cover the 7 areas. I'dsay that undermines your ability to deliver EYFS.

Come the revolution.....:angry:

sarah707
24-08-2012, 09:35 AM
No, there are no forms which must be used for the EYFS.

It's ridiculous that someone says you must use something you are not comfortable with... I strongly suggest you fight it!

Hugs xx

rickysmiths
24-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Surely it is non of their business what you use for any child in your care who is not accessing the free funding?

JCrakers
24-08-2012, 09:46 AM
I could cry actually. I thought I was a good childminder and the local EY team have just come and ripped me apart. I'm feeling worse because I'm not enjoying these holidays at all.

I want to get these stupid forms printed off now not on the 1st sept. what is wrong with people? They all sit in their suits at their desks with their forms and stupid paperwork. They come round with their briefcases and clipboards expecting me to sit down for an hour while I've got 3 under 5s at my feet..they are completely off their rockers.
Even the quality review I have to do on my setting is aimed at a nursery. How can I grade myself on that?

Feeling poo :blush:
Roll on the bank holiday :thumbsup::jump for joy:

The Juggler
24-08-2012, 09:50 AM
don't feel poo - don't allow them to make you feel like this - they are the idiots who insist you use their forms then don't have them up to date :panic:

tell them you refuse to use these forms until they update them or it would impact on your ofsted inspection if you had one.

stoopid people. is there anyone highrer you can go to?

rickysmiths
24-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Don't let it get you down.

Just tell them you will use your updated forms and will use your own paperwork for any children who are not using the Free Funding.

They are the only ones they have any interest in.

If they keep insisting on hour plus visits and need your complete attention then ( I know I wouldn't want them to!) I would tell them that all future meeting will have to be before 7am or after 8pm or on a Sat or Sun am when you don't have children to care for because you can no longer spend hours of time in your working day. They need to realise that you work alone and don't have a staff to work while you are with them!

blue bear
24-08-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't understand why they have set forms, surely that's the beauty of childminders we are all slightly different working to the same goal.

BuggsieMoo
24-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Can I be cheeky and ask what area you are in please? I have my first accreditation meeting on the 19th and so hoping that its not this bad for me xx

JCrakers
24-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Can I be cheeky and ask what area you are in please? I have my first accreditation meeting on the 19th and so hoping that its not this bad for me xx

Leicestershire...it's a nightmare

Thanks everyone for your support. I've mailed a snotty letter to my improvement officer asking why the new forms aren't available yet. Also asking who I can complain to.
:D

I'm fed up of being nicey nice

lynnfi
24-08-2012, 11:56 AM
I would just say:

I have looked at the forms, and no thank you. I am comfortable with mine.

If they insist, I would suggest they talk about it to their supervisor or come up with some law saying I have to abide.

I might try to turn it into a joke to have them swallow the pill, but would not yield.

The only threat they could come with, I guess, would be to stop the process of acc. In which case this would be ridiculous and a complaint would quickly put them back into their place.

Jods
24-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Stick to your guns and WINE helps x :)

JCrakers
24-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Stick to your guns and WINE helps x :)

Wine gives me headaches...gin doesn't ;)

Jods
24-08-2012, 12:12 PM
GIN GIN GIN xxxxxx :D

BuggsieMoo
24-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Leicestershire...it's a nightmare

Thanks everyone for your support. I've mailed a snotty letter to my improvement officer asking why the new forms aren't available yet. Also asking who I can complain to.
:D

I'm fed up of being nicey nice

And so you should be, they sound like idiots. There is no set way with our paperwork and if you have a method that suits you and your setting already than that should be acceptable to them - particularly when theirs is not even up to date!

Im in Hampshire so will have to feedback on mine when I have my meeting x

Bob
24-08-2012, 07:05 PM
I would challenge them. I have just become accredited in Cambridgeshire and the process was painless. My CSDO just wanted to know that my paperwork served it's purpose, not that it was the "correct" form.

I've found that if you know you are doing things properly and stick to your guns, they pretty soon back down.
All the best with your accreditation.
Bob