PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted....

jumping j
24-08-2012, 07:12 AM
GGGGRRRRRR....
I have an assistant who works with me on an ad hoc basis. She recieved a warning from Ofsted because her family hadn't had a CRB check carried out on them.
She minds in my home, not her parent's and her parent's have no contact with the minded lo's so I told her to ring them and confirm.
first phone call said this was correct and her family would all need CRB checks so I told her to email for written confirmation. The written reply says her family don't need CRB checking as they have no contact with children.
Why can't they give the same answer twice.:angry::angry:
I'm not complaining as it saves a lot of hassle on my assistants side but still it's so annoying

bunyip
24-08-2012, 07:23 AM
It's becoming apparent that the ones at Ofsted who've got any sort of idea what's going on get to sit at a keyboard. The rest of them get to sit by the phones. :rolleyes:

miffy
24-08-2012, 04:51 PM
It's becoming apparent that the ones at Ofsted who've got any sort of idea what's going on get to sit at a keyboard. The rest of them get to sit by the phones. :rolleyes:

:laughing::laughing:

I always e-mail now - at least then you have it in writing AND the name of the person who wrote it! :D

Miffy xx

WibbleWobble
24-08-2012, 05:06 PM
eh?

have i got that right?

she has had a warning because her family (who have no contact with the children) havent had CRB checks?

I take it she helps you in your home?

Who gave the warning?

I think i have read it all now with regards to Ofsted! they have risen to the dizzy heights of complete incompetence.!!!!:(

love Wibble x

Genie77
25-08-2012, 09:26 AM
From what I understand, Ofsted's days may be numbered anyway.

The problem however, is what the powers that be may replace them with.

I have a strong inkling that things may get worse rather than better.

We all know that as things stand, Ofsted are really not with the programme, not in the real world and certainly not in mine, or, yours.

Being regulated as a Childminder is obviously a necessity for some and from a responsible parenting perspective, is a must, but for those who have been rated as Good/Outstanding and also for those who are bringing up their own children, do we really need to be treated like the children that we care for?

It seems to me that until the government realise the importance of difference between Childminders and assistants and Nursery Carers (the former having more know how and understanding than the latter in most cases) and treat and understand us accordingly, our frustration will multiply on a regular basis.

To expect an assistants family to be CRB checked is simply idiotic, unless of course there is contact with the child cared for.

But you know what?

We all know what a great job we are doing and that is all that really matters.

Keep fighting!

GGGGRRRRRR....
I have an assistant who works with me on an ad hoc basis. She recieved a warning from Ofsted because her family hadn't had a CRB check carried out on them.
She minds in my home, not her parent's and her parent's have no contact with the minded lo's so I told her to ring them and confirm.
first phone call said this was correct and her family would all need CRB checks so I told her to email for written confirmation. The written reply says her family don't need CRB checking as they have no contact with children.
Why can't they give the same answer twice.:angry::angry:
I'm not complaining as it saves a lot of hassle on my assistants side but still it's so annoying