PDA

View Full Version : Advice on biting and pinching please!!!

Dotty
23-08-2012, 09:14 AM
I have a 14 month old full timer who, basically, has been a nightmare from day one. Last week I thought he had turned a corner and seemed quite pleasant for once!!
However, to get our attention (my family and the other mindees) he pinches and bites. We have tried the stern "no" but this doesn't seem to work, he also seems quite malicious and knows exactly what he's doing.

Help before my dd's legs are shredded!!

:panic:

The Juggler
23-08-2012, 11:30 AM
when it happens hon, make sure you don't even make eye contact. quickly move him away or scoop up your dd and take her away for huge cuddles. Then when you are cuddling her say no that is not nice, it hurts or tell him to 'look you made x sad'. That way he is not getting the attention even when you are telling him off.

I was recently on the 2 year old training and came across an interesting piece of research which says that if you can intercept the behaviour for a few weeks it will self-extinguish. So if you can spot it about to happen, distract him quickly with words or by moving him away - don't even mention what he was going to do. Worth a try??

Dotty
23-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Yes - thanks so much - will try that.

Can't scoop up my dd - she is a big 12 year old! lol :laughing: will tell her to do the same toox

will let you know how we get on!

The Juggler
23-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Yes - thanks so much - will try that.

Can't scoop up my dd - she is a big 12 year old! lol :laughing: will tell her to do the same toox

will let you know how we get on!

:laughing: lol assumed she was a little one :blush: well just cuddle her tight and ignore him.

blue bear
23-08-2012, 01:39 PM
I had one this age, couldn't leave him unattended with other chikdren as he would bite/pinch to get my attention. So I took him every where with me giving him the attention he craved. He soon got fed up with that and peace descended again.