PDA

View Full Version : Fed up - no coats

jelly15
23-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Even though I keep on, some of my parents forget to bring waterproof coats or jackets. This is a real pain as we try to go for a walk everyday. Today I had planned to have baby in the buggy (he is fine as have a rain cover) but the one on the buggy board and the one walking have no coats.

Does anyone know where I can get cheap waterproof pac a macs or ponchos?

mrs robbie williams
23-08-2012, 07:32 AM
if you have asked parents before and they still keep forgetting, id be inclined to say to them it is an ofsted requirement that we spend time outdoors daily, if you forget their coats i will have to ring you and ask you to leave work and drop them in. Or, peacocks do cheap kids bits or look in charity shops - but dont forget to add the cost to their invoice xx

blue bear
23-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Over the years I've asked parent if they are throwing coats put to give them to me and now have a small supply of spares. I bought waterproof trousers in lidl, really good quality.

primula
23-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Hi, I did get a couple of poncho type things in a bag( only had pink!) in the poundshop!! not sure if they still have them though..

Bear23
23-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi, I did get a couple of poncho type things in a bag( only had pink!) in the poundshop!! not sure if they still have them though..

This is what i done, bought aload of cheap ones, the in the bag waterproofs, and picked up some cheap jumpers etc from car boot.

It used to really get on my nervous, and parents rarely listen :)

amanda1309
23-08-2012, 08:20 AM
I always ask parents to bring coats, willies, sun hats etc, most bring them but one or two always forget.

I started asking people to donate things to me when their children had outgrown them or bought stuff in sales etc so I now have my own supply so if parents do forget I can always dip into my supply. The supply never gets sent home as it would never come back. :laughing:

smurfette
23-08-2012, 10:43 AM
I always ask parents to bring coats, willies, sun hats etc, most bring them but one or two always forget.

ha ha!! are you on an iphone?mine autocorrected to this the other day when I text parents reminding them to bring them (wellies that is!) :laughing:

jelly15
23-08-2012, 11:48 AM
ha ha!! are you on an iphone?mine autocorrected to this the other day when I text parents reminding them to bring them (wellies that is!) :laughing:

So funny :laughing:.

mummyof3
23-08-2012, 12:31 PM
I've started ringing them to bring them its a huge inconvenience to them and they rarely forget after that ;)

nikki thomson
23-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Even though I keep on, some of my parents forget to bring waterproof coats or jackets. This is a real pain as we try to go for a walk everyday. Today I had planned to have baby in the buggy (he is fine as have a rain cover) but the one on the buggy board and the one walking have no coats.

Does anyone know where I can get cheap waterproof pac a macs or ponchos?

I wouldn't be buying then tbh, the cheap poncho/pac a mac type things tend to be only shower proof, If you want them to stay dry on a real rainy day then you need proper waterproofs, I find scats or any good camping place like blacks or millets sell them but they can be abit pricey. X