PDA

View Full Version : Help with childcare.co.uk please

PrettyFlowers
22-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Hello

All the messages I have sent since Saturday are still marked as 'unanswered' the people I have messaged have been online since I sent them. Does anyone else have this problem? I wouldn't worry normally, but it's every single message!

Thank you

loocyloo
22-08-2012, 08:09 PM
i've had parents who don't open messages. there is nothing you can do about that, but contact customer services through childcare.co.uk and they shoudl be able to check if the messages are getting thorugh!

good luck x

Mouse
22-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Hello

All the messages I have sent since Saturday are still marked as 'unanswered' the people I have messaged have been online since I sent them. Does anyone else have this problem? I wouldn't worry normally, but it's every single message!

Thank you

I've only sent one message and I guessed that was unread (showing a closed envelope by it?), although the lady has been online since.

I wonder if they're not getting their messages or if they're just not showing as read?

Kiddleywinks
22-08-2012, 09:08 PM
I sent out 6 messages on the 14th
Each one has been online since message was sent to them

one called that night, is coming to visit on Friday
one read message on the 16th - no further contact to date
one read message a few days ago and messaged me back tonight
The other 3 remain unread and all 3 have been online within the last week at least twice....

Frustrating though it is, I look on it that them that are serious lookers will reply, them that are seeing what their options are, or aren't serious, wont bother and that's probably a good thing ;)

Fingers crossed something happens soon for you :thumbsup:

Richard
22-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Everything is working okay. Unfortunately although we alert members that they have unread messages, some may choose not to read them.

If you have a specific concern about your account please contact our customer support team at www.childcare.co.uk/contact and we will be happy to take a look at your account for you.

Richard :)

PrettyFlowers
22-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks all, I have emailed customer services just to check as I think it's strange that not one has read the message - I've been a member for a little while and this is unusual.

Thanks for the message Richard

Mouse
22-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Thank you Richard.

I'm new to using the site for messaging people & found it strange that a parent who'd looked at my profile several time (before & after I sent them a message) hasn't actually read the message I'd sent them!

WHat I do like is that it shows who's looked at you and whether they're a parent or another childminder. It's interesting to see the childminders who keep looking at my profile :laughing:

Richard
22-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi PrettyFlowers

I have replied to your customer support request.

Quite a few people are on holiday at the moment so it make take a little longer than usual for some people to read messages.

Thanks all, I have emailed customer services just to check as I think it's strange that not one has read the message - I've been a member for a little while and this is unusual.

Thanks for the message Richard

Richard
22-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Hi Mouse

If you can please contact us at www.childcare.co.uk/contact then I can take a look at your account and have a look for you.

Thank you Richard.

I'm new to using the site for messaging people & found it strange that a parent who'd looked at my profile several time (before & after I sent them a message) hasn't actually read the message I'd sent them!

WHat I do like is that it shows who's looked at you and whether they're a parent or another childminder. It's interesting to see the childminders who keep looking at my profile :laughing:

Bear23
23-08-2012, 07:13 AM
I didn't know we could see if they opened there emails??/

off to look :D

Richard
23-08-2012, 07:19 AM
I didn't know we could see if they opened there emails??/

off to look :D

Yes. If you view your Sent messages there is an envelope icon next to each message which is either open or closed.

Bear23
23-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Yes. If you view your Sent messages there is an envelope icon next to each message which is either open or closed.

Fabby, how did i not know this :laughing::laughing:

PrettyFlowers
23-08-2012, 08:31 PM
So frustrating, still not opened my messages, Richard I need you to shake these people.. Surely thats part of the service we get when we sign up for gold membership!

angeldelight
24-08-2012, 07:22 AM
So frustrating, still not opened my messages, Richard I need you to shake these people.. Surely thats part of the service we get when we sign up for gold membership!

Sorry I shouldn't laugh :laughing:

As part of the service you expect Richard to shake people?:laughing::laughing:

Get out of that one Richard :laughing:

Angel xx

PrettyFlowers
24-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Most definatley, is that not what the gold membership is all about?

Either shake them or drag them to their computer and force them to read the messages, surely thats not an unreasonable expectation?!

:laughing:

angeldelight
24-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Most definatley, is that not what the gold membership is all about?

Either shake them or drag them to their computer and force them to read the messages, surely thats not an unreasonable expectation?!

:laughing:

I thought you was joking !!! :laughing:

I do think that's unreasonable,Richard would love to be able to do that but even he isn't a miracle worker .... Not yet anyhow :laughing:

Sorry but it's down to the individual,no one can MAKE them reply.
I've had people on there ignore me too but it's not Richards fault :eek:

Angel xxx

PrettyFlowers
24-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Of corse I'm joking!

:laughing: :laughing:

Unless of corse, Richard is bored one afternoon and wants to do a little shaking...

:D

angeldelight
24-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Of corse I'm joking!

:laughing: :laughing:

Unless of corse, Richard is bored one afternoon and wants to do a little shaking...

:D

Thank goodness :laughing::laughing:

Maybe if Richard is bored one day ........:laughing:

I do find people rude though,it does not take a minute to reply does it.

Angel xx

PrettyFlowers
24-08-2012, 07:55 AM
No, it doesnt take a minuite to reply.

What winds me up even more is when you show someone around and they seem really keen, then just don't contact you again, not even a 'no, thank you'

aarrhhh I hate having to fill spaces, so stressful!

angeldelight
24-08-2012, 08:02 AM
No, it doesnt take a minuite to reply.

What winds me up even more is when you show someone around and they seem really keen, then just don't contact you again, not even a 'no, thank you'

aarrhhh I hate having to fill spaces, so stressful!

I think that can be worse than them not replying :laughing:

Hope you fill your spaces soon

Angel xx

Richard
24-08-2012, 08:09 AM
I'll try and send someone around to their house to knock on their door about 2am to remind them they have an unread message :)

Quite a few people are on holiday at the moment. It is frustrating if people don't read a message or reply but unfortunately that's just life. We have thousands of new parents joining every week, so there are always plenty of new families to contact :)