PDA

View Full Version : record of complaints folder

loocyloo
22-08-2012, 06:38 PM
when EYFS 2008 came in, i was advised to put together a 'record of complaints' folder, with an info sheet to give parents should they want to make a complaint, ( i just put my complaints policy in;) )

& an ofsted complaints form to fill in.

is there an updated ofsted complaints form? just read through it and the number to phone is way out of date !!!

what else needs to be in there?

i haven't looked at/needed it since i put it together!

thank you :D

and whilst i think of it, someone asked me today, how long you need to keep a copy of/information about a complaint for? (unfounded by ofsted) ( has a miserable neighbour! :rolleyes: ) i said i thought 5 years?

Tazmin68
22-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Yes
Five years. I made a complaints log sheet up when the eyfs was introduced and I keep 3 blank ones to fill in just in case.

loocyloo
22-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Yes
Five years. I made a complaints log sheet up when the eyfs was introduced and I keep 3 blank ones to fill in just in case.

thank you.

please can i be cheeky and can you send me a copy of your log sheet? Pm me for email if you don't want to put it on the forum.

thank you x

edited to say, not to worry, i remembered i had seen one in the free downloads and have printed that off! THANK YOU SARAH!

sarah707
22-08-2012, 08:23 PM
There is a complaints form for the revised Eyfs in free downloads at the top of the forum.

The revised Eyfs does not say 5 years - it says records must be retained for 'a reasonable period of time' and details about complaints 'must be made available to Ofsted on request'

The Childcare Register says 3 years for complaints.

Hth :D

loocyloo
22-08-2012, 08:24 PM
There is a complaints form for the revised Eyfs in free downloads at the top of the forum.

The revised Eyfs does not say 5 years - it says records must be retained for 'a reasonable period of time' and details about complaints 'must be made available to Ofsted on request'

The Childcare Register says 3 years for complaints.

Hth :D

thank you ... i would say 5 years is a reasonable amount of time !

rickysmiths
22-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I would say keeping anything for the next Inspection would be reasonable or 3 years if you had only just had an inspection.

loocyloo
23-08-2012, 08:18 AM
I would say keeping anything for the next Inspection would be reasonable or 3 years if you had only just had an inspection.

good thinking. thank you. i'll pass that on :)

mumof4
27-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks once again Sarah :D