PDA

View Full Version : Just got absolutely drenched

JCrakers
22-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Went to the park at 1pm with 6 kids. Beautiful weather,sun cream and hats on. Had a lovely hour running about, climbing, swings etc then it became grey all of a sudden so we decided it was time to leave.

It started to rain but I made a decision that we weren't going to wait under the tree at the park but make our way back (10-15m walk) as 3 mindees were due home at 245pm. We got a further 5 mins up the hill and it absolutely threw it down.
We hid under a tree for shelter, it was raining so hard we were all like drowned rats when we got in.
There was a woman obviously walking home from work on the other side of the road. She had a white blouse on that was soaking. We sort of smiled/grimaced at each other and all the older kids were saying 'you can see that woman's bra' :laughing:

Everyone but 1 has gone home now so he's having some time on the wii while I get a well deserved cup of tea.
What a day.. My washing was dry but now it's wetter than when it came out of the washer

LittleVoice
22-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I had this earlier, although luckily for me i had no children with me as im on holiday (not that im wanting to rub it in!)

I decided to walk into town as it was gorgeous so had flip flops on, sunglasses, white trousers and no coat got into town all fine then it just bucketed it down. I attempted to run into a shop but it was no use! It only rained for 10 mins and within 30 min it had all dried up and looked liked it had never rained until you looked at me!!!! :laughing: