PDA

View Full Version : Water usage

JCrakers
22-08-2012, 09:59 AM
My water bill throughout the year is about £550. The amount of time the toilet is flushed throughout the day, kids washing their hands surely should warrant a higher percentage for tax :angry:
It's been flushed 12 times already today and it's only 11am lol

The tax that we are allowed to claim for water only touches the surface.

blue bear
22-08-2012, 10:28 AM
so glad im not on a meter.

~Grasshopper~
22-08-2012, 10:38 AM
i am on a meter they have just put my bill up from £30 a month to £92 per month i am gutted and am trying to cut down on our usage but its easier said than done :(

x

rickysmiths
22-08-2012, 10:53 AM
i am on a meter they have just put my bill up from £30 a month to £92 per month i am gutted and am trying to cut down on our usage but its easier said than done :(

x

Blimey!!! Have you got a large swimming pool or some thing!!!! I would be checking the Meter Reading!!!! I would be ringing and asking why and I would want a check done for any leakage.

We are a family of four and I childmind 50 hours a week, I pay £25 per month and that has gone down since we had duel flush loos fitted, it was £27pm.

We are a family of 4 adults and we are not deliberately wasteful, but nor are we madly aware of what we use. We shower each day, I prob on average do a load of washing a day including washing the cm towels and bed linen, we have a dishwasher that is put on daily.

I use the hose to fill the paddling pool and water table and sometimes we have the sprinkler on for the children. I hose down the patio area a couple of times a month and we wash both cars about 3 times a year (go to a hand car wash the rest!). We do have 3 water buts for watering the plants and that mostly lasts especially this year :laughing:

Even when we had a huge Extension built 2 years ago and the builders made all the concrete the bill didn't go up and it was a very hot summer and we had a paddling pool and water table out 5 days a week for 3 months!

MrAnchovy
23-08-2012, 03:08 PM
The tax that we are allowed to claim for water only touches the surface.

If you can make a reasonable estimate of the charge that relates directly to childminding then you can claim it. The 10% rule applies to fixed water rates where you are using that concessionary basis.

kindredspirits
23-08-2012, 03:53 PM
we are paying £90 a month here :eek: its a fixed charge and they won't put a meter in until we've been in the property 6 months apparently! Have to say I'm not very impressed considering that I was paying £45 on a meter in Peterborough - the water tastes terrible as well, its so soft its almost undrinkable!