PDA

View Full Version : Variation question

ajs
22-08-2012, 06:09 AM
The thing that worries me, and is totall hypothetical, as I don't have enough children on role to worry about variations.

Is

I understand about the exceptional circumstances and the self regulating variations, and not going over your. 6 under 8.

But say I have 3 early years and 3 older children on Tuesday. On Monday mum of a five yr old wants me to have her baby while she sees the dr. I risk asses and see its possible, have car seats, high chairs and enough space. But I now have 4 early years and 3 older children all under 8. It's exceptional circumstances and not a long term variation but can I do it or do I need to call ofsted for clarification

Bear23
22-08-2012, 06:34 AM
The thing that worries me, and is totall hypothetical, as I don't have enough children on role to worry about variations.

Is

I understand about the exceptional circumstances and the self regulating variations, and not going over your. 6 under 8.

But say I have 3 early years and 3 older children on Tuesday. On Monday mum of a five yr old wants me to have her baby while she sees the dr. I risk asses and see its possible, have car seats, high chairs and enough space. But I now have 4 early years and 3 older children all under 8. It's exceptional circumstances and not a long term variation but can I do it or do I need to call ofsted for clarification

No cos then you would have 7 children under the age of eight. even with the variation not needed. we can NEVER go over six children

sarah707
22-08-2012, 07:04 AM
No - as Bear says you simply can't do it because there is nothing in the EYFS to say you can go over 6 under 8.

Hth :D

JCrakers
22-08-2012, 07:10 AM
No you can't go over 6 at all, for any reason :D

I've got to grant myself a variation on sept 3rd (so soon) because i live on the county border so our school goes back thurs where as two families live in another county and dont go back intil the following tues.