PDA

View Full Version : Sorry if this has been asked before - square footage and numbers and new EYFS

Helcatt
20-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Do you know if the square footage has been changed with the new changes to EYFS?

I know our certificates will be changing and we will be working out our own variations, but just wondering how the changes will effect us - will it still state on there a maximum number of children that we can care for and we work it out from there?

I currently work with a assistant and we can have 5 children under 5 plus my 3yo and 2 x 5-8 years plus my 7 yo

Do you know the square footage allowance? (I mean meterage but it doesn't slip off the tongue so easily)

Hx

Helcatt
20-08-2012, 10:43 PM
ok, scrap that

Allowance has not changed

• Children under two years: 3.5 m2 per child.
• Two year olds: 2.5 m2 per child.
• Children aged three to five years: 2.3 m2 per child.

my big worry is that we are full! Hubby is registering as a childminder ad is going to take over the business as I am pg (currently one of my assistants)

When new one arrives next year, are we likely to have to give notice to a current client? Or are they likely to be human and allow us to be over their numbers between Feb when baby arrives and mid march when DD turns 8? literally for 6 weeks?

Ta muchly for thoughts

Hx